Post Match Wycombe Wanderers 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree about their goal being good; I thought we'd defended well against it, then Kuffour just turned and hit it in brilliantly. Superb goal.

Only the 2nd time I've ever seen Leicester win live.... both times, it's been an away cup game where I've sat in the away end and we've won 2-1 with a goal from a cross in stoppage time.

Agree about their goal being good; I thought we'd defended well against it, then Kuffour just turned and hit it in brilliantly. Superb goal.

Only the 2nd time I've ever seen Leicester win live.... both times, it's been an away cup game where I've sat in the away end and we've won 2-1 with a goal from a cross in stoppage time.

Charlton?

Nige on RL;

- Bonus to do it in 90 minutes
- Danced around the 'are you impressed' question
- Pleased with set pieces
- Unhappy with how ref dealt with Moore's injury (winded badly after a big fall going over the striker and the ref didn't stop it)
- Important not to alter it too much but also needed to give others a run out
- Exceptional support
- Far from being the finished article
- Wants us to be 'slicker' when passing
- Acknowledged that the transition into a 5-3-2 is difficult for the players
- Didn't sound too chuffed that Nuge grabbed the penalty. 'I'll have to ask him about that, its (having a designated kicker) something we take seriously'
- No comment on the speculation about Arsenal loanees. 'When there's news we'll let you know through the right channels, not through third parties who think they have a divine right to throw a spanner in the works'
- Knows nothing about the Koncheskey rumours

But not one joke.

Shambles of a manager.

Only the 2nd time I've ever seen Leicester win live.... both times, it's been an away cup game where I've sat in the away end

I wonder if you mean the home end.

Nige on RL;

- Bonus to do it in 90 minutes
- Danced around the 'are you impressed' question
- Pleased with set pieces
- Unhappy with how ref dealt with Moore's injury (winded badly after a big fall going over the striker and the ref didn't stop it)
- Important not to alter it too much but also needed to give others a run out
- Exceptional support
- Far from being the finished article
- Wants us to be 'slicker' when passing
- Acknowledged that the transition into a 5-3-2 is difficult for the players
- Didn't sound too chuffed that Nuge grabbed the penalty. 'I'll have to ask him about that, its (having a designated kicker) something we take seriously'
- No comment on the speculation about Arsenal loanees. 'When there's news we'll let you know through the right channels, not through third parties who think they have a divine right to throw a spanner in the works'
- Knows nothing about the Koncheskey rumours

good summary, cheers

Not long been in from the game, but here's a few thoughts from me....

We weren't very good overall, only started to look like we could control the game in the 2nd half really when it looked like Wycombe had tired. We were fairly solid at the back for most of it, bar a few moments (I'll come back to that), but didn't look like we had much creativity going forward, particularly in the first half.

Danns, De Laet and Moore were our best players I felt; was really impressed with Danns considering I didn't really expect him to come back after last season. Him and De Laet linked well in the first half down the right, constant give and go and good movement between them.

I actually quite liked the 3-5-2... definitely think it works better defensively. I think we may need to play Knockaert or Marshall in the midfield 3 though to give us more in an attacking sense - although can understand sometimes using that from the bench instead. Being solid first isn't really a bad thing in my eyes.

Strangely in the first half, of our 2 wing backs it was De Laet that was constantly getting forward and was probably our most creative player, whereas Dyer was barely involved and sat back a lot more. A bit weird considering their natural positions, and the fact Wycombe had nothing down their right at all. This was recognised and Dyer did go out to hug the line more, but struggled to get involved in the first half still.

I thought SSL was poor throughout though. Well done for grabbing the winner, but defensively he didn't look comfortable and looked well out of sorts. I always thought he was pretty decent, but he seemed to have fallen a long way! Wood was poor too. Amazed he stayed on.

MOTM torn between Danns and RDL. Probably Danns though as RDL got quieter as the game went on. That RWB position seems perfect for him though.

Thank you Graz. This kind of thoughtful analysis is just what I want from someone who was actually there.

Great to get a bit of revenge against the chair twats

Thank you Graz. This kind of thoughtful analysis is just what I want from someone who was actually there.

Thanks, glad someone read it ;) I don't get to games often so like being able to join in and share my view of it!

Last edited:
Wow, you can't really legislate against goals like kuffour's, can you. I always think we are slightly missing players who can do that.

Ben Marshall had his own goal of the season competition when he first joined.

Then TeePeeSon broke him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570