X-Box 360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: X-Box 360 OR PS3

Clearly we have different definitions of the word 'constantly'.

My Xbox started to stop working about 2 months after I got it and as I said in a thread posted about it, has become virtually unusable in the last month or so.

I wouldn't want either of them - there's nothing wrong with my Sony Megadrive

GO SONIC, GO !

I wouldn't want either of them - there's nothing wrong with my Sony Megadrive

GO SONIC, GO !

I was looking at them homer, is it worth upgrading from my sinclair spectrum with built in cassette player?

Well I've had a few xbox's, my first got the common ring of death problem and was replaced for free. I had that one for around 8 months before that did the same and I had it replaced. I had this one about a year and it did the same thing so when they sent the replacement i sold it so I could get a new one thinking it would be more reliable. This also got the red ring of death and so having completed most of the xbox exclusives anyway I sold it for a ps3 which has been great so far.

I would say multi platform games are hit and miss gta4 looks way better at 1080p but fallout3 looks a lot better on the xbox. As for game exclusives I think both have great titles xbox has gears of war and fable and ps3 has uncharted (2 is probably the best game I have ever played) and killzone etc. Which ever you decide both have there good points and good exclusives. If you're not bothered about the unreliability of the xbox and haven't played any of the xbox games I would go for that as there are just so many more games available and they tend to be a lot cheaper!

Last edited:

Thanks for all your comments but now I'm going to add some more information:

I won't be paying for eitehr console - I will be getting one of them for free on a new mobile phone contract.

So, forgetting about price, which one would you get?

Thanks for all your comments but now I'm going to add some more information:

I won't be paying for eitehr console - I will be getting one of them for free on a new mobile phone contract.

So, forgetting about price, which one would you get?

Still be the 360 for me, although if I was getting one free I'd probably go for the PS3 then eBay it and buy a 360 and some games.

Although with your ebay track record Joe, I'd just get a 360 :)

Last edited:

Sod ebay mate. 10% of the winning bid is a ridiculous amount to have to give them.

Got a package today, turned out to be xbox 360 elite that my missus was getting me for Xmas as a surprise. She says I can send it back if I don't want it but I'm in 2 minds wether to have a change of console and keep it and sell my ps3. Harder choice than I thought. Alternatively she says I can keep both but don't see much point in that.
Help, I can't decide.

Got a package today, turned out to be xbox 360 elite that my missus was getting me for Xmas as a surprise. She says I can send it back if I don't want it but I'm in 2 minds wether to have a change of console and keep it and sell my ps3. Harder choice than I thought. Alternatively she says I can keep both but don't see much point in that.
Help, I can't decide.

Keep. You'll grow to love it. :icon_wink

Help, I can't decide.

Send it back and insist that Mrs_d123 tries harder at keeping your Xmas presents a surprise in future.

She has effectively ruined your Xmas now with her shoddy effort. Shame on her.

Send it back and insist that Mrs_d123 tries harder at keeping your Xmas presents a surprise in future.

She has effectively ruined your Xmas now with her shoddy effort. Shame on her.

:icon_bigg I did think about making a fuss about this.
She said I can keep it and sell my ps3 to pay for it or keep it as my pressie or just send it back, I can't decide and it's doing my head in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566