X-Box 360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Simple. Which one should I get?
Pro's and con's please.

Re: X-Box 360 OR PS3

If you want a blu ray player, and instant free online gaming get a PS3, but i have a 360 and have always been happy with it, and i know a few others have favoured it over the PS3

I think the 360 has the better catalogue of exclusive games and generally gets the slightly better versions of multiplatform games as well. Also the online gaming is better for the 360, but you have to pay for it.

My son had this dilemma too, and plumped for the PS3 as every person that he knew with a 360 had had problems with them breaking.

He's very happy with his decision, the only slight downside is that he doesn't have many friends with a PS3 to play against.

My son had this dilemma too, and plumped for the PS3 as every person that he knew with a 360 had had problems with them breaking.

He's very happy with his decision, the only slight downside is that he doesn't have many friends with a PS3 to play against.

Most common problem seems to be the E74 message. There's a warranty extension (three years) in this case. When mine did it, it was picked up and returned (or, more accurately, replaced with a whole new machine under warranty) within a couple of weeks. Only thing now is, it's only been switched on twice since, most recently to discover how disappointing the manager mode on FIFA10 is. Ah well, Episodes from Liberty City in a couple of weeks, should kill a few hours.

bollocks, get an Xbox360, there is no real technical difference, yeah PS3 has a blu ray but who cares? really? if you go to HMV to buy a film are you really gonna spend extra on a blu ray disk? nah, me neither.
oh and PS3 players say that they're online gaming is free.....yeah and they say its shit. where as with an xbox its about 36 quid a year and its faultless. and theres GTA lost and the damned, free demos......

I've got both and IMO the Xbox is superior in every way. Better games, better online play, cheaper, better controller, more games and multi platform games are better than the ps3 version generally.

Buy a 360 and put the money you save on a PS3 towards a years gold membership for xbox live and some extra games.

PS3 every single time, 360 is a constantly breaking peice of shte.

We've got the PS3 and I like some of the platform games (ratchet & clank) that my boys have got. But they are asking for an Xbox for Xmas as their mates have got them. But I keep thinking there must be a new one (Xbox) out soon??? anyone know?

Clearly we have different definitions of the word 'constantly'.

And, hopefully, different spellings of the words 'piece' and 'shit' or 'shite'.

Last edited:

We've got the PS3 and I like some of the platform games (ratchet & clank) that my boys have got. But they are asking for an Xbox for Xmas as their mates have got them. But I keep thinking there must be a new one (Xbox) out soon??? anyone know?
Dont think there will be another console out for a good 2-3 years yet. but im just speculating

And, hopefully, different spellings of the words 'piece' and 'shit' or 'shite'.

I am hungover, give me a break :icon_cry:

I always find it interesting when people say that, because part of me wishes i had a ps3 as i could have online gaming without having to shell out another £70-80 quid on top of buying the console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566