xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know why you bothered posting it, doesnt effect your statutory rights :icon_wink

I believe that 'modding' your Xbox actually eliminates your statutory rights so it effects them quite a bit. ;)

Therefore this means FA to Melton!

How long have you had your Xbox BTW, ever had any problems! :102:

mine was only first picked up by UPS this afternoon..... 3 weeks after i payed for the repair over the phone. i'm well pissed off about it.

not happy-just got back and it says they haven't fixed it as its been tampered with-which is bollocks! and its now visibly damaged-which it wasn't before ups picked it up
and i can't get through to xbox now either

:098:

Last edited:
not happy-just got back and it says they haven't fixed it as its been tampered with-which is bollocks! and its now visibly damaged-which it wasn't before ups picked it up

:icon_lol:

Sorry. That is shit, they probably do this a lot.

I know it is a long shot, but did you record the serial number of the machine before you sent it off??

Or maybe if you registered the console then you might be able to obtain a copy of the serial number of your original console.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you get it sorted, you can try looking in here for some help on what to do or possibly post your problem, it seems to be a good place to go for all things XBox 360 Forum

its the same serial number-i just don't know whats going to happen now-some supervisor is calling me back today and i'm not optimistic at all.

Very, very strange I must say, I would suspect that it is something to do with the couriers if they have somehow swapped your machine.

Don't forget that if you had the Ring of Death/ 3 red lights then you are now covered by the 3 year warranty and you could try taking it back to the shop where you purchased it.

microsoft phoned me back-said i'd tampered with it-i said no-so they got me to open it up (giving me instructions over the phone as i didn't have a clue!) and the stickers which is meant to be damaged if you tamper with it.......wasn't damaged.

seems to me someone has dropped it either at the repair centre or in transit and has tried to blame it on me saying i have been tampering with it.

might get a free game now though as "compensation"!

:018:

If it is less than 12 months old, take it back to the shop where you bought it, that is if you bought it in a shop and not online.

They are responsible (the shop) and not Microsoft. Sending it to Microsoft means you will just get a referb, so it could be nice and new-ish or it could be 10 times more battered than your current one, just had a new part in it and quite likely to go wrong again. In addition, getting a referb means you will only have a 3 month warranty on it (I think) whereas if you got a replacement in the shop if/where you bought it, you will have a full 12 months as it is a brand spanking new product.

Also, if you take it back you could have a replacement there and then instead of having to wait for Microsoft to fanny around with it.!

i got my online mate so its gone back to microsoft

well after the long running saga of many phone calls to that pissing call centre explaining i have not tampered with my 360, today it finally came back

xbox have sent me a replacement unit and as a form of saying sorry, 1 months free xbox live gold membership

happy days. (ps just went on pro evo after almost 2 months and won 4-0 :icon_bigg)

Don't suppose anyone has ever had "System error E74" with their 360? Mine seems to have just ****ing died on me (my second 360 now that seems to have died) - I'm going to see if I can get it working and if not, probably take it back to Game on tuesday. I best get a new one sorted before Halo 3 comes out thats all I can say.. I knew this shit would happen :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363