Yakubu - shades of Frank Worthington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Yesterday's game was beamed right across the United States & Canada, and was agreat advert for how far LCFC have come under Sven.
They dominated 85% the game, pasing the ball fluently and always trying to create something for the forwards
Yakubu with two knee flicks & a powerful volley past the stunned keeper was a flashback to the skills of Franky Wortho & Keith Weller.
The second goal was abeauty in terms of cutting through the defence like a hot knife through butter
I cant remember seeing two such fantastic Leicester goals in one game??
Building some nice momentum here as we enter the second half of the season :038::038::038:

Four beauties here, too. Even Chris Powell had a smile.

[YOUTUBE]MjMLTGMf1Ig[/YOUTUBE]

Last comment was brilliant - "Some of the Derby fans have seen enough" as they made for the exits :icon_lol:

I loved that shirt. Was the first one I had, with the "Coca Cola Cup Winners 1997" on the front :)

...Yakubu with two knee flicks & a powerful volley past the stunned keeper was a flashback to the skills of Franky Wortho & Keith Weller...

I, too, was reminded of Frank Worthington. Yakubu has been described as lazy - and that was certainly an accusation hurled at Frankie.

I remember one game at Filbert Street when we had beaten Sunderland (I think - just recall red & white stripes) 2-0. On the way out, a regular was issuing forth in stentorian tones that,
"Worthington should be dropped: he did nothing but score them two goals!"
I hope Yakubu proves to be as lazy as Big Frank (my hero!) - yesterday's goal gives me real hope! :038:

Errrrr......the previous game where we scored 4 brilliant goals?

Sorry!

Exactly. Though brilliant in different ways- I think some people prefer different goals pontus, I'm with you in preferring long strikes that bulge the back of the net where other enjoy fine technique and skill. I'd much rather see Kyle Naughton's goal than that Messi one that was nominated for the Puskas award.

"Worthington should be dropped: he did nothing but score them two goals!"

Someone on another forum said that exact same thing about Fryatt after the Macclesfield game at the start of the season. It made me laugh for ages at the time.

I hope Yakubu proves to be as lazy as Big Frank (my hero!) - yesterday's goal gives me real hope! :038:

The Yak is not good enough to do up Frank's bootlaces. That said if he can give us echoes of Frank, I would be delighted. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566