yorks twenty20 cup (home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox58

Tom New hit 120 for the seconds against Warks might be worth a shout for the Yorks game although the weather forcast is not that good for tonight

Re: Notts Twenty-20

Tom New hit 120 for the seconds against Warks might be worth a shout for the Yorks game although the weather forcast is not that good for tonight

He would be one of the three players that I think should be brought in for tonight's game.

Depending on conditions, I think that as an option to leaving out Henderson, they could consider playing both Henderson & Crowe and leave out a seamer which I guess would have to be Gurney.

He would be one of the three players that I think should be brought in for tonight's game.

Depending on conditions, I think that as an option to leaving out Henderson, they could consider playing both Henderson & Crowe and leave out a seamer which I guess would have to be Gurney.

How could you leave Gurney out after his recent performances?

How could you leave Gurney out after his recent performances?

You are as good as your last performance - have a look at the figures from the Notts game.

I was just saying that there is always the option of playin g 2 slow bowlers - the idea being to take the pace of the ball.

If they did that then they are not going to drop O'Brien, AJ and obviously not Allenby - so that was my thinking.

Anyway, i don't think they will have the imagination to do any of those things and I guess they will be unchanged or just maybe one change.

You are as good as your last performance - have a look at the figures from the Notts game.

I was just saying that there is always the option of playin g 2 slow bowlers - the idea being to take the pace of the ball.

If they did that then they are not going to drop O'Brien, AJ and obviously not Allenby - so that was my thinking.

Anyway, i don't think they will have the imagination to do any of those things and I guess they will be unchanged or just maybe one change.

we are unchanged. yorks won toss and field

Last edited:
Allenby out 90/3 off 10 so they are still OK. Time for a big innings from Nixon.

Hope they dont fall away again. If the last 10 overs are as productive as the first 10, then it would be a good total.

164 not too bad really

164 not too bad really

Yorks making easy work of it.

82 for 0 after 8 overs.

Looks like the 2nd half of the foxes batting as lost us this game.
Only 74 off the final 10 overs with wkts in hand, was not enough.
From the start they had, 180 should have been the minimum target.

With Notts needing a well gettable 70 off 11 overs against Derbyshire if we lose this then we are unlikely to qualify.

We'd need to beat Durham and hope Lancs and Derby beat Notts and Yorks respectively.

As I said before also important that we can get 3rd place at least for the Premier League next year

Yorks making easy work of it.

82 for 0 after 8 overs.

Looks like the 2nd half of the foxes batting as lost us this game.
Only 74 off the final 10 overs with wkts in hand, was not enough.
From the start they had, 180 should have been the minimum target.

It was the Dippenaar overs that cost us, he's a run-a-ball man mainly and is batting too high.

We've got the runrate required up a bit now but get the feeling that Brophy can hit a few boundaries whenever he wants to

Notts won with loads remaining so did their run rate some good.

Leics have got themselves back into this one brilliantly, Yorks need 21 off 7 balls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566