You can't beat a good old fashioned poll

Do you want City to sign Yakubu this summer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to hear more "and ehhhhhhhh" in his interviews.

If £2Million is accurate, it's a no brainer, bargain of the century.

But he has no pashon..........:icon_wink

Some of the Mockery comments beggar belief

i think we really should focus on good quailty championship players(we should raid Portsmouth for Nugent Lawrence Cotterill Preston for Billy Jones and bring back Ian Hume???) and try to include 1 or 2 premier stars who want to play ollie, leics
Facts are his goal scoring record is good. However he is a lazy toe rag and we need more for this division.

His wages would pay for 3 or 4 committed proved championship players - don't go for to many premiership has beens, 1 or 2 max - look at how Norwich and QPR have done it - build a team and work with them. Joe, Leics

Last edited:
The good thing about Sven is the calibre of his signings.

His transfers could bolster most lower Prem team squads.

Wigan for example are crying out for a Yakubu type player.

Players such as PVA & Bruma could have followed Mancienne & Cleverley in joining a relegation candidate on loan.

However, Norwich & QPR have gone up because the two managers are very good at getting performances from mediocre players like Hill & Crofts. Much like Holloway did last year - and we have seen how thats turned out!

I think we, of all the championship clubs, would be better set up to survive. :102:

I'm curious as to who East Anglia Fox, fosseman, Major I Swarter and manhead666 would choose instead of Yakubu?

I'm curious as to who East Anglia Fox, fosseman, Major I Swarter and manhead666 would choose instead of Yakubu?

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmee.....

Or, failing that, David Connolly

Anything's better than that fat lazy bastard with his hopeless goal every other game. What a pashunless tosser

For the same reason Rhydal voted for him to sign for us I suppose? :icon_bigg
Nope. I'm expecting Jay to leave in the summer, should we not go up, and I'd like to step in and take the Yak from under your noses as we've done in the past. :icon_wink

It's not a matter of who I'd want instead, it's do I think a £2million transfer fee, a two year contract on £30/40k a week is a good use of money? I've seen him enough times this season when he could be at best described as anonymous to think it would not.

It's nothing to do with "pashun" and I was never a fan of Hume.

From what I gather, the loan fee we paid this season will count towards the transfer fee. Hazzman reckoned the loan fee was £750k, so that would mean we would actually only be paying £1.25mil for him this summer.

Absolute no brainier for me. Get him in!

Last edited:
**** it! I have been having a touch of nwets disease recently. I blame Google Chrome spellcheck though, it's so inconsistent.

**** it! I have been having a touch of nwets disease recently. I blame Google Chrome spellcheck though, it's so inconsistent.

I think it's probably more to do with 'brainier' being the correct spelling of 'brainier', to be fair

I think it's probably more to do with 'brainier' being the correct spelling of 'brainier', to be fair

:icon_redf Digging myself into a further hole...

Bah! That's the problem with spell-check, but laziness makes me dependent on it.

The good thing about Sven is the calibre of his signings.

His transfers could bolster most lower Prem team squads.

Wigan for example are crying out for a Yakubu type player.

Players such as PVA & Bruma could have followed Mancienne & Cleverley in joining a relegation candidate on loan.

However, Norwich & QPR have gone up because the two managers are very good at getting performances from mediocre players like Hill & Crofts. Much like Holloway did last year - and we have seen how thats turned out!

I think we, of all the championship clubs, would be better set up to survive. :102:

I absolutely agree. Although we've fallen short at the end pf this season, if we make it up next term, (which I am extremely confident that we will do) I think we'll be very well set up to stay up with Sven at the helm. I think we could even challenge for a respectable mid table finish provided the board continued to back Sven in terms of transfer funds and wage budget. He would certainly attract players of much higher calibre than most of the teams outside of the top 8.

Next season is massive for Leicester City and having Yakubu spearheading the attack will go a long way to ensuring we finish in the top 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566