You can't beat a good old fashioned poll

Do you want City to sign Yakubu this summer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best we could get for £2m. If he played hadn't got any defects then he would be way beyond our means as a Championship side.

Heskey isn't so much an alternative to Yakubu but more like a potential replacement for the likes of Steve Howard.

Hopefully Ginetta will be contacting the Mercury to get across our fan's view on this soon enough.

If you live long enough you get to see everything at least twice.

He's a lazy fecker apparently.But seems to have enough energy to score 10 goals in 19 games.Maintain that over a season & we have the 20 goal plus striker we've been looking for since the Roman invasion.

It all gives me vivid memories of standing on the Kop listening to assorted retards spouting forth about Lineker.

"Doesn't stay on his feet"

"Doesn't tackle back"

"Can't head the ball"

"Not great close control"

& my all time favourite..."unless its a shot his first touch is shite" !!!

The only facts that matter are:

20 goals a season,every season (well,full season) Top scorer every season.& whatever truth there might or might not have been any any of the other opinions I'd say they were pretty much offset by being the best penalty box finisher in the entire fecking world.

Yakubu is a striker.Yakubu scores goals.Been a while since we had a player BOTH those statements applied to! (apart from one season from Fryatt in the Dogshite League)

As far as I'm concerned he can stroll about reading a book on the halfway line & have a nap at half time as long as he puts the ball in the net every other game.

In a similar vein, I've watched Villa a couple of times in the last few months. D Bent barely offers anything during the game that constructs any sort of effective attack, but, against Stoke for example, all he needs is one header from 18 yards out and he scores every other game. He's worth £20m-odd, albeit at a Premier League level.

In a similar vein, I've watched Villa a couple of times in the last few months. D Bent barely offers anything during the game that constructs any sort of effective attack, but, against Stoke for example, all he needs is one header from 18 yards out and he scores every other game. He's worth £20m-odd, albeit at a Premier League level.

Many Sunderland fans were happy to see him go as he was 'lazy'.

Don't you just love the English mentality of how football should be played?! And that is why we will never win anything.

Goals win games not running round like a headless chicken. Just look at Hume, relegated again. Yakubu knows that his energy should be used to score goals, not tear around the pitch, that's what the midfield players are for. Maybe if he was fitter, he would be able to work the channels more, but to be honest, his goals and assists to games ratio is Premier League class and if he can keep that up and possibly better it when fitter next season, then he can be wandering round with a cigarette in his mouth for all I care.

Sign him up Sven, and do it quick! :038:

You build a team to allow for the Yaks of this world. If he is going to bang in 20+ in a season, we should put together 10 others that run their raggedy arses of to feed him. Others will chip in with goals too, but I havent seen anyone else in a blue shirt for a long time who looks like he is going to net over 20 in a season. Gerd Muller did little until he had the ball at his feet which our German chums worked very hard to facilitate as often as they could. He has my vote.

And look at them sinking like a stone since he left, while Villa have been climbing the table. :icon_lol:

I think they should be named and shamed. :018:
well technically they are as I made the voting public :icon_razz

But seriously, I'm not belittling their viewpoint. Just wonder what the reasons are behind it. My dad doesn't want Yakubu because he thinks he's lazy etc etc. I just want to know if there any arguement thats go beyond that point.....

well technically they are as I made the voting public :icon_razz

But seriously, I'm not belittling their viewpoint. Just wonder what the reasons are behind it. My dad doesn't want Yakubu because he thinks he's lazy etc etc. I just want to know if there any arguement thats go beyond that point.....

Quite. It is difficult to understand what people could have against a striker that if he stays fit, could give us 20+ goals and 10+ assists in a season. :102:

I really want to hear from the people who voted no, and their reasons for doing so.

Ok, perhaps I was wrong. Let me firstly say that I'm not one of the "he's too lazy, all he does is scores goals" crowd.

My doubts were essentially in two areas. Firstly, I'm slightly worried about what masses of money it would require, with the long term financial stability of the club in mind.

Secondly, he probably is basically past his best, especially since his injury. Say we gave him a three-year-conrtract, and then got promoted at the end of next season, what would he be like in the Premier League? Unlike Andy King, or dare I say, Paul Gallagher, he's not exactly got his best years ahead of him has he?

My doubts were essentially in two areas. Firstly, I'm slightly worried about what masses of money it would require, with the long term financial stability of the club in mind.

If we don't sign him then I would expect that the same amounts of bunse are spent on other players. So same net effect.

Secondly, he probably is basically past his best, especially since his injury. Say we gave him a three-year-conrtract, and then got promoted at the end of next season, what would he be like in the Premier League? Unlike Andy King, or dare I say, Paul Gallagher, he's not exactly got his best years ahead of him has he?

IF we go up next year, he'll be starting the year aged 29; hardly too old for a striker. Plus he'll be full of confidence on the back of a season where he's scored 20+ goals and been a fan's favourite. On form he would definitely be on par with many of the lower teams' strikers.

If £2Million is accurate, it's a no brainer, bargain of the century.

hahaha! a player whos gonna be past it in a couple of years, and won't be able to hack it if we go up, yea bargain of the century! :icon_lol:

Ok, perhaps I was wrong. Let me firstly say that I'm not one of the "he's too lazy, all he does is scores goals" crowd.

You don't have to apologise you're entitled to your opinion, time will tell who's right and who's wrong (assuming we sign him).

The people who are moaning about all he does is score goals comments (did anyone actually say that :102:) most of them were saying the same about Fryatt in league one.

hahaha! a player whos gonna be past it in a couple of years, and won't be able to hack it if we go up, yea bargain of the century! :icon_lol:

tbh if he stays and scores the goals to get us promoted I'd say the £2million price tag would be worth every penny.

Have you actually watched him play this season? Or are you jumping on the 'get rid of him, he's a lazy c***' bandwagon?:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566