You Don't Know What You're Singing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandler

Banned
If you ever wanted to see a true exhibition of knuckle dragging moronism The Walkers was as good a place as any on Saturday.

Adams plays Benjamin from the start - much to the chagrin of the Connollyites and Wrightists. Benjy scores - much to the delight of all as well as the C's and W's who have promptly forgotten their opposition to Benjy.

Benjy gets injured and on comes Connolly - much to the delight of the C's. He then proceeds to have a stinker. Most C's pretend this is not happening. But there are others C's who do notice. And you know what? It's not Connolly's fault.

No, it's not his fault - it's Micky's fault! Have you ever seen such neck! But, of course, as we all know now it all gets much, much better. When Micky can no longer take Connolly's ineptitude he swallows his pride and susbstitutes the hapless hero of the Kop and this forum.

"You don't know what you're doing" (directed at Micky) is the reception that greets Tommy, another hero of the Kop and this forum, as he runs out. He shows some verve and energy and justifies Micky's gamble by hitting the frame of the goal (did Micky still not know what he was doing at that point?)

What none of Leicester's fickle boneheads seem to realise is that their 'selections' (Connolly to start, Wright to come on) would probably have cost us the game.

Stick to Championship Manager boys - there's no one there to remember your mistakes.

Chandler said:
If you ever wanted to see a true exhibition of knuckle dragging moronism The Walkers was as good a place as any on Saturday.

Adams plays Benjamin from the start - much to the chagrin of the Connollyites and Wrightists. Benjy scores - much to the delight of all as well as the C's and W's who have promptly forgotten their opposition to Benjy.

Benjy gets injured and on comes Connolly - much to the delight of the C's. He then proceeds to have a stinker. Most C's pretend this is not happening. But there are others C's who do notice. And you know what? It's not Connolly's fault.

No, it's not his fault - it's Micky's fault! Have you ever seen such neck! But, of course, as we all know now it all gets much, much better. When Micky can no longer take Connolly's ineptitude he swallows his pride and susbstitutes the hapless hero of the Kop and this forum.

"You don't know what you're doing" (directed at Micky) is the reception that greets Tommy, another hero of the Kop and this forum, as he runs out. He shows some verve and energy and justifies Micky's gamble by hitting the frame of the goal (did Micky still not know what he was doing at that point?)

What none of Leicester's fickle boneheads seem to realise is that their 'selections' (Connolly to start, Wright to come on) would probably have cost us the game.

Stick to Championship Manager boys - there's no one there to remember your mistakes.

Well done, you managed 4 paragrphs without calling all other city fans boneheads, its normally in the title

Connolly may not have done well, but he was certainly better than Dublin.

Dublin had barely touched the ball in the whole game. I don't remember even seeing him in the first half. Dublin had had 85 minutes to do something, Connolly had about 40.

I do see the point your making though, no matter what Micky does he can't please everyone. He made a brave decision before the game to drop Connolly for Benjamin and it paid off. He brought Wright on and he hit the post.
But the fact remains, Dion had done nothing noteworthy in the whole game and shouldn't have been on the pitch. He himself even expected to go off, what does that tell you? He'd been a doubt before the game because of an injury, so I doubt he was even fit enough to play the whole game.

Connolly and Wright may not work...but the fact is so far neither have any other partnerships, so it's surely worth a try.

"If you ever wanted to see a true exhibition of knuckle dragging moronism The Walkers was as good a place as any on Saturday"

Try looking in the mirror you dickhead.

Wright should have come on 15 mins earlier for Dublin. Adams is a tactical idiot but he should be given the season, then the board should decide if our final position is good enough in relation to the squad we have.

I hope this is Adams' last season with us but would admit I cannot name a better, experienced replacement at the minute who would come here.

The fickle boneheads were booing:

A: because he only gave Wright 5 minutes, instead of 15
B: because he took Connolly off instead of the utterly dreadful Dublin. A man who uis clearly low on confidence comes on as sub, and then gets subbed himself. Must have made him feel like a king, that one
C: because they were once again witnessing a load of insipid uninspiring codswallop

What morons they are, these boneheads who dare to express a contrary opinion

Actually if you re-arrange the first 'g' and 'n' in the last word of the title of this post there's a fair shout to be had at Adams!

homer said:

B: because he took Connolly off instead of the utterly dreadful Dublin. A man who uis clearly low on confidence comes on as sub, and then gets subbed himself. Must have made him feel like a king, that one
C: because they were once again witnessing a load of insipid uninspiring codswallop

Homer everything you say on here i agree with

muzzy magic said:
homer said:

Homer everything you say on here i agree with

Never mind, Steve Wigley says that he's about to appoint an assistant with "lots of experience". Who do we know of who is bursting with experience, is (unlike Wigley)a qualified coach & has strong Saints connections? Step forward Micky, opportunity knocks - Wigley is also a dead man walking at his club and you would be in prime position to replace him within weeks & you could then bring in Corky to practice his skills as a coach where they belong on the prem stage and I'm sure Rupert Lowe could pace DB in an important advisory role which would not be detrimental to his career as a top TV & radio pundit.

I agree that dublin should have come off, and maybe Wright could have been given a bit longer, but these are all little things that everybody always focuses on instead of the whole game!

Benjamin started off like a rocket and as soon as he went off we didnt have anybody pressing high up the pitch, we have hit the post twice, had two cast iron penalities turned down and let in a goal that i dont even want to talk about :oops: . Mickey went 4-3-3 with roughly 20min to go and i think on another day we would have got something from the game.

The only thing that i was upset about from the game was the complete lack off atmosphere and booing and jeering of players, now most will say that the atmoshpere was poor because of what was on the pitch, but surely if the atmosphere was good then this would encourage the lads. Even when we were 1-0 up you could still here a pin drop.

Williams did have a poor game but to cheer when a player is coming off is not exactly going to fill them will confidence is it, Mickey knew he was having a poor game and i am sure he knew himself. As for chanting 'you dont know what your doing to mickey adams when Wright came off, i dont know what to say. What made matters worse was watching MOTD later that night to see Gary Megson praising his fans about the support over the last 4/5 years through the highs and the lows, i cant see mickey ever saying that just as Martin O'Neil refused to forget about the boo boys, even when everything was rosey.

Now im sure i will get shouted down and dismissed but we need to remember that we are no longer at top 10 premiership side and it will be a long time until we are, the glory days of O'neils ere ended along time ago and the sonner the fans realise that the better.

Chandler, 2 questions. Have you got anything positive to say about Leicester City fans and the club in general? and Are you actually a Leicester fan or a football critic who goes round forums such as this one just to annoy people with your crap, uninteresting points?

Chandler said:

If Blake had been fit we wouldn't have had this problem :wink:

homer said:

You are correct on every count. The fickle boneheads wanted Dublin off, as he genuinely didn't seem to be involved in anything. He was dire. I was one of the fickle boneheads who genuinely believed that Dublin was going to be subbed, after 75 minutes of useless play.

A A manager shouldn't sub his own sub unless there's very good reason (ie he has collected a yellow card and looks in danger of collecting another, or he's carrying an injury)
B A manager should be able to spot the players who aren't pulling their weight.

To be honest, although I've been dismayed at some of the crazy subbing this season (and the end of last), this time I was gobsmacked by just how crazy it was.
Maybe there was a good reason. If so, we should be told before we cast blame where it shouldn't be cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566