You gotta hand it to Thierry Henry he knows where the money is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motown Fox

Henry puts his hands up and quits proper football so he can play soccer in the USA and get paid a fortune no doubt

Red Bull New York announced today that it has signed star French forward Thierry Henry to a multi-year contract as its second designated player," the club said today in a statement on their website, www.newyorkredbulls.com.

He is expected to make his debut on July 22 against Tottenham at Red Bull Arena.

PS I thought at first with his handling skills he was getting a place in a New York Basketball team

Last edited:
Henry puts his hands up and quits proper football[/URL] so he can play soccer in the USA

That's an odd way of looking at it so soon after 'proper footballing country, England' came second in the WC group to the 'not proper footballing country, USA'.

That's an odd way of looking at it so soon after 'proper footballing country, England' came second in the WC group to the 'not proper footballing country, USA'.

Well where do MOST of the USA players actually play their football? Not in the USA, Donovan even made sure he had Premier League experience prior to the World Cup.

They are getting better in the States though I have to admit and having players mentioned on this thread plus the likes of Giggs joining, after he has retired from ManU, the quality can only get better.

Anyway Henry does not play in England any more and may never again now he is to seek his fortune in the U S of A.

Where are we in World FIFA rankings (7th at the moment) I hear 13th once August rankings are released 13th place was USA's when they were last issued in May so who knows.

Last edited:
Where are we in World FIFA rankings (7th at the moment) I hear 13th once August rankings are released 13th place was USA's when they were last issued in May so who knows.

They were announced today. England have actually gone up a place. Spain now no1.

Check the BBC website.

Is that it right just heard the 13th on the radio and jumped to the wrong conclusion.
13th must be about our worst showing in a World Cup for some time, other than when we didn't qualify.

It is our worst ever, of those where we turned up at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570