Your country needs you

Who is your main man for the 2006 world cup?

• Beckham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owen

• Rooney

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Ferdinand

• Lampard

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Gerrard

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Terry

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Another player

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

With the world cup only a year away i was getting carried away, and started to think we can give it a real good go .IMO 3-4 years ago Beckham was our key player, but with the team containing a number of world class players, i've decided to ask who you think will be our main man going into next years world cup?

Brauny Blue said:
With the world cup only a year away i was getting carried away, and started to think we can give it a real good go .IMO 3-4 years ago Beckham was our key player, but with the team containing a number of world class players, i've decided to ask who you think will be our main man going into next years world cup?

I know people hate him, but to me the one player than can truly unlock a situation, it is Rooney. ;)

Brauny Blue said:
Fair enough Steven, but would you care to register a vote please;) :)

When somebody else does. ;)

Brauny Blue said:
I'm baffled , but if you insist.:102:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

You might say Rooney, but i feel Owen and Heskey could do the job up front. Don't get me wrong Rooney is a class player but his termper lets him donw a bit.

IMO it's Lampard, he was on top form last season and he can blast in a goal when you need one. He sets the pace with Gerrard in the middle of the park and then you don't need Wayne - leave him to the Old peoples home, then he can score freely! ;)

rooney always seems to rise to the big occasions, so i would have him over anyone else for 2006

I've gone for Gerrard,on his day one of the best in the World.I think we have a chance of winning it not a great chance but a chance.I would actually like to see Beckham dropped and Wright-Phillips play out on the right with Lampard and Gerrard in the middle and perhaps Joe Cole on the left.Carragher Right back and Gary Neville fecking miles away..

I think Rooney, but could never vote for the nasty, ugly little pikey.
So I plumped for Lampard, like scodger said, never put a foot wrong with Chelsea last season and can always get on the score sheet. A future Leicester player I fancy...

I think Shrek could be the star man; I'll be the first to admit I never thought he could be a great player, primarily due to his temperament, but I was wrong, he is an awesome player. Gerrard and Lampard are both class players, I'd like to see Terry and Carragher at the back - do you know what we're gonna win the fecker!!!

LS6_Fox said:
I think Shrek could be the star man; I'll be the first to admit I never thought he could be a great player, primarily due to his temperament, but I was wrong, he is an awesome player. Gerrard and Lampard are both class players, I'd like to see Terry and Carragher at the back - do you know what we're gonna win the fecker!!!

:043: :081: :icon_lol: :icon_roll

Good squad of players but wrong manager IMO.
Last 4 is what i hope for, anything else would be a bonus.

The player who will be most important to us during the world cup will be non other than Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Scodger Cubs said:
I agree Joe, SWP would be very useful to England but i can't see SGE dropping Becks. :eek: :(

Good to see you back though! :081: :) ;)

Cheers, there's a lot of time before the world cup and a whole tough season, someone (if not a few) will get long term injuries leading to Sven taking his head out of his arse and realising that Owen Hargreaves is a useless shit.

Rooney is key to our side-when he got injured against portugal we were half the team we had been in the previous matches-the kid is that good! My only worry about a midfield of stevie g and lampard is that they both like to bomb forward leaving the defence exposed. I also feel we can find a better rb then gary neville

Last edited:
MKFox said:
A future Leicester player I fancy...

We do not wish to know which footballers you'd like to bed MK..........you really do disgust me.

In your dreams boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570