Your country needs you

Who is your main man for the 2006 world cup?

• Beckham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owen

• Rooney

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Ferdinand

• Lampard

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Gerrard

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Terry

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Another player

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I bet they were a fraction of the price of wembley.

i think Carragher should replace neville at the back, and the swedish one should play a diamond in midfield with Beckham on the right, Joe Cole on the left, Gerrard playing at the base of the diamond, Lampard playing up front. Theres only one striker for England and its Ronney. The boy is a genius.

Him and Gerrard will be our key players. Weve got the squad but not the manager to win. But if playerd like Gerrard, Ronney, Lampard and Beckham play to their best, we can win it. :081:

You must still be seething over chelscum nicking shaun. I reckon he can shine in the world cup but he may not get much of a chance considering he's up against Beckham.

:icon_redf ...............................

Don't worry about it mate. And welcome to talkingballs, happy posting!

joe501 said:
rooney always seems to rise to the big occasions, so i would have him over anyone else for 2006

Well I haven't seen him do it for Man U in the knock out stages of the champions league or against a really good side in the knockout stages of the Euro's or World's yet. He certainly has the ability though. Owen is just as critical and is a proven World Class striker at every level.

I voted for the non-existent holding midfielder though. I have yet to see Gerrard and Lampard both play well in the same game. I think England are too unbalanced to win the World Cup.

Lots of great players but all of the same type and vying for the same positions. Our top 3 strikers are Owen, Rooney and Defoe. All nippy midgets. Becks Gerrard Lampard and J. Cole are all attacking midfielders and all want to play in the centre of the park. If Gary Neville gets injured we are stuffed for an experienced right back then we have Carragher Campbell Ferdinand and Terry all fighting for a place at centre back.

Don't get caught up in the hype I don't think we can or will win we don't have a team that can do it. 11 Maradonna's wouldn't make a World Cup winning team.

However I will be going to Germany for a couple of weeks to get caught up in the hope that we can.

Brauny Blue said:
:043: :081: :icon_lol: :icon_roll

Good squad of players but wrong manager IMO.
Last 4 is what i hope for, anything else would be a bonus.

After the last couple of games i'm starting to believe my own bullsh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570