YOUR team for Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliot Did it well if i remember rightly. against villa in the semi-final especially

homer said:
yes it is

For once I agree. We may as well play De Vries at the back, Walker on the left wing and stick Connolly in goal if we are going to start putting 'Crazy legs' Heath up front.

:eek:

Matt Heath is not fit to lace Elliott's boots

Behave yourselves

Relegation fever is making you talk bollocks

homer said:

Behave yourselves

'Crazy legs' Heath is not a viable option anywhere on the pitch IMO.

I'm going down tonight (as always) so whilst this crazy pick anyone and everyone fever is going on I think I'll bring my boots!

Surely a player such has Heath deserves the time to develop into an all round competant defender. He now has the likes of Dabizas, Dublin, McCarthy and CL to learn from. Heath is lacking alot of confidence at the moment and its no wonder he makes the odd mistake with the amount of pressure on him, He feels that if he makes one mistake he will be dropped from the team. In my opinion he is no worse a player than Dabizas and i feel that Heath and McCarthy along with stearman and Maybury could form the basis of our defence in the long run. Its about time people got behind our young players and gave them support rather than getting on there backs at every opportunity.

DurhamFox said:
highland fox said:
Joe_Fox said:
homer said:

Behave yourselves

'Crazy legs' Heath is not a viable option anywhere on the pitch IMO.

So near, yet so far, HF.

Highlander is the master of quoting, but adding nothing.

mitcho_uk said:
Surely a player such has Heath deserves the time to develop into an all round competant defender. He now has the likes of Dabizas, Dublin, McCarthy and CL to learn from. Heath is lacking alot of confidence at the moment and its no wonder he makes the odd mistake with the amount of pressure on him, He feels that if he makes one mistake he will be dropped from the team. In my opinion he is no worse a player than Dabizas and i feel that Heath and McCarthy along with stearman and Maybury could form the basis of our defence in the long run. Its about time people got behind our young players and gave them support rather than getting on there backs at every opportunity.

I would love Heath to become a top-class defender - but its just not going to happen. How old is he now 22/23? He may be just about good enough for this level, but sorry, never any higher.

Saying that - remember when we had Dabizas ands Heath at the back at the end of last year. They actually looked quite solid!

SilverFox said:
There was a geezer on the phone in last night who said he would like to see Heath up front with Connolly. At first I laughed, but then I remembered that Heath can actually head a football, and so on that front already has more plusses in the column than DeVries...He also has more goals than Devries this season despite starting less games :lol:

although its not the ideal solution, its not a completly stupid idea, players like walsh and elliot have done it in the past, and there is peter crouch at southampton who is a similar build. Heath has played further forward before in his school days and at youth level

TommyK said:
I would love Heath to become a top-class defender - but its just not going to happen. How old is he now 22/23? He may be just about good enough for this level, but sorry, never any higher.

Saying that - remember when we had Dabizas ands Heath at the back at the end of last year. They actually looked quite solid!

He is never going to be in the class of John Terry or Rio Ferdinand but i believe he can do an effective job for this club.

mitcho_uk said:
TommyK said:

He is never going to be in the class of John Terry or Rio Ferdinand but i believe he can do an effective job for this club.

Fookin' hell, mate - understatement of the year, or what ???!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363