Zidane banned for 3 matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lboro fox

_41910370_zidane203.jpg
Zidane put his side of the story to Fifa on Thursday

Zinedine Zidane has been banned for three games and fined £3,260 for head-butting Italy's Marco Materazzi during the World Cup final.
Following an investigation by world governing body Fifa, Materazzi was suspended for two games and fined £2,170 for provoking Zidane.
A Fifa statement said: "Both players stressed Materazzi's comments had been defamatory but not of a racist nature."
Zidane's ban is academic as he retired from football after the finals.
However the 34-year-old will instead work with football's world governing body Fifa for three days.
Fifa added: "Zinedine Zidane has agreed to do community service work with children and youngsters.
"During the course of their hearings both players also apologised to Fifa for their inappropriate behaviour and expressed their regret at the incident."
Playing in the last game of his career, Zidane snapped during extra time of the World Cup final.
The Frenchman, who was nonetheless named the player of the tournament, later claimed Materazzi had insulted his mother and his sister. However, Materazzi maintained: "I did not say anything to him that was racist, religious, or political. I also said nothing about his mother."

Says alot about Rooneys stamp, materazzi gets the same ban for saying some words 'that were not very nice'.

what utter utter crap. let him off because he's been a good player my fecking arse. and he gets to look good by helping kids.

i think bans and fines are the only availble punisments. the ban would have included purely out of beurocracy (sp?) and possibly to alert others to what they can expect if they behave the same.

this is why the article said that he 'agreed' to work with the kids, they couldn't make him do anything

Its bollox fifa have fecked this one up just like they feck everything else in what is known as the "beautiful" game. This guy has been in the region of a 100K a week for years. i wouldnt be surpirsed if he paid that fine out of his wallet.

Its shite. as I said on the subject of the West ham player it sends out completly the wrong message to any yougster taking up the game. "go on son headbutt the fecker than take some nice cocaine All you will get is a fine that is a small fraction of your weekly wage and a ban from a game you eithe rno longer play or are on you summer break from." it really is complete and utter bollox.

the thing is they cant fine him like 100K because it would seen as an obscene amount-at the end of the day hes a human being so just because he has more money then others doesn't mean he should be punished more (im not in anyway defending his actions)

drummindefender said:
the thing is they cant fine him like 100K because it would seen as an obscene amount-at the end of the day hes a human being so just because he has more money then others doesn't mean he should be punished more (im not in anyway defending his actions)
Its the way speeding and other traffic violations are dealt with in Norway. The fines are based on how much you earn. im not necessarily saying that is right but it happens that way.

What im getting at is these guys should be fined on the basis of what their actions does to the game overall and the reputations they should uphold. they are hereos to so many out there that only real punishments now will discourage future players from doing it.

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
Its the way speeding and other traffic violations are dealt with in Norway. The fines are based on how much you earn. im not necessarily saying that is right but it happens that way.

What im getting at is these guys should be fined on the basis of what their actions does to the game overall and the reputations they should uphold. they are hereos to so many out there that only real punishments now will discourage future players from doing it.
but to a 8 year old kid the fact zidane has been punished and fined 3k (which to an 8 year old seems like a hell of a lot of money) the message still probably gets across-its only us who get pissed off with it

drummindefender said:
(which to an 8 year old seems like a hell of a lot of money)
It seems like a hell of a lot of money to a 33 yr old from Melton

players should be fined in proportion to their wages, like others have said 3k is a pittance for Zidane, probably a multi millionaire

joe501 said:
players should be fined in proportion to their wages, like others have said 3k is a pittance for Zidane, probably a multi millionaire
Then you punish somebody not only for the crime, but also for them being successful

Melton Fox said:
Then you punish somebody not only for the crime, but also for them being successful
No, punish so the fine has some parity. a weeks pay is a weeks pay be you international footballer or minimum wager.

anyway, he hasn't been punished. It that happened anywhere in uk and was caught on cctv then he'd in front of the beak on a abh charge.

MKFox said:
No, punish so the fine has some parity. a weeks pay is a weeks pay be you international footballer or minimum wager
Don't agree. I couldn't afford to lose a weeks wages, Zidane can. But now I am arguing against my original statement.

All crimes should be punishable by the nature of the crime, nothing else other than previous crimes should be taken into account

Last edited:
The dirty french twat should be strapped to a table and then have someone pull his toenails off one by one, followed by a dose of Iodine so as infection does not set in....:icon_bigg

Boy Genius said:
The dirty french twat should be strapped to a table and then have someone pull his pubes out one by one with their teeth...

I'm free on saturday afternoon if I'm needed

disgraceful.....:018:

Melton Fox said:
Don't agree. I couldn't afford to lose a weeks wages, Zidane can. But now I am arguing against my original statement.

All crimes should be punishable by the nature of the crime, nothing else other than previous crimes should be taken into account

if we burnt all the pikeys then there would be very little crime left anyway..:102:
burn them!

Melton Fox said:
It seems like a hell of a lot of money to a 33 yr old from Melton

Ah!! So you asked your younger brother for his opinion and kindly passed it on to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566