5th Ashes test v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great Cricket fan but I don't get all this 'it was a weak Australian side etc'.It may well have been,like I said I'm no expert,but I'm sure when they have beaten us they haven't thought too long about it being a poor English side they beat.

Not a great Cricket fan but I don't get all this 'it was a weak Australian side etc'.It may well have been,like I said I'm no expert,but I'm sure when they have beaten us they haven't thought too long about it being a poor English side they beat.

Yes but we are English and we can't allow people to think they have achieved something without reminding them how shit the opposition were.

Jeez, would you seriously let them get off with good honest praise and celebration, the Aussies are no better than a pub team.

The way Lako plays you will think he's had a few in the pub before he plays.

Piss off you tip rat, played well on sat, just unlucky top edge going for a big 6.

Going for a big six for you means getting caught at slip with the keeper standing up i take it. Did the jibes that you can't hit it off the square get to you? :102:

Look in the paper and you will see my name with a big fat 61 not out next to Enderby's result. :023:

When you getting me that beer you owe me?

Look in the paper this weekend coming and see 100 next to mine :icon_bigg

I have no problem hitting off the pitch never mind the square.

I wouldn't call it an anti climax the fact that it went to the last test.
Even then when the Aussies needed a few snookers it was still squeaky bum time for a few.

Agreed the talent on show might not be as a high a standard as in previous years, but that shouldn't take anything away from the fact we still beat the cons.

I can't help feeling The Aussies lost this series more than we won it.

They really should have won in Cardiff where they played us off the park and it was poor first innings performances that lost them the two games at Edgbaston and The Oval - their rearguard performances in those games were of the highest quality.

If you look at the stats in their crudest form both teams scored virtually the same amount of runs Aussies 2886 vs. England's 2866 whereas as Australia toook siginificantly more wickets 84 vs. 71!

But having said that who cares we beat them and that's the only stat that matters! :038:

Also the Aussies got by far the worse of the umpiring decisions and overall the umpiring wasn't of a consistently good standard either.

It's interesting that having 'neutral ' umpires seems to have done nothing to reduce the advantages in contentious decisions given in favour of the home side.

Also the Aussies got by far the worse of the umpiring decisions and overall the umpiring wasn't of a consistently good standard either.

Surprised Ponting didnt make more of the umpiring. Usually you would say over a series that things would even out, but they certainly got the worst of it. Not that i'm bothered:icon_lol:.

It's interesting that having 'neutral ' umpires seems to have done nothing to reduce the advantages in contentious decisions given in favour of the home side.

Blaming the umpires for "poor" decisions is always an easy way out for me. Yes there were two wickets in the first Aussie inning that werent out, but didnt we lose 2 wickets in the first innings to no balls?

These things really do balance themselves out! This might sound like an easy answer, but then so is suggesting the Aussies got the worse of the decisions, without actually have the facts to back it up.

The Aussies lost the series because of two batting collapses and not being able to get Monty out at Cardiff.

On a different note I think it is very positive how understated the England team has been since the win. There really is a sense that they know it wasnt the best Aussie team and that there is still a lot of hard work to do if they are to move up the rankings

Blaming the umpires for "poor" decisions is always an easy way out for me. Yes there were two wickets in the first Aussie inning that werent out, but didnt we lose 2 wickets in the first innings to no balls?

These things really do balance themselves out! This might sound like an easy answer, but then so is suggesting the Aussies got the worse of the decisions, without actually have the facts to back it up.

The Aussies lost the series because of two batting collapses and not being able to get Monty out at Cardiff.

On a different note I think it is very positive how understated the England team has been since the win. There really is a sense that they know it wasnt the best Aussie team and that there is still a lot of hard work to do if they are to move up the rankings

I thought the umpiring was disapppointing throughout and there were mistakes made throughout beyond what you would hope to expect at that level. Overall the mistakes tended to to be more at the Aussies expense.

I agree with you that there has been a welcome realism from the ECB and players about the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566