A new era?

I've not come across that guy on Twitter before - is he someone reliable?

Reading the tweets on their profile since that post (which suggests an announcement at 3pm today), then it sounds like it's to do with kit and/or sponsors... Possibly stadium. But it weird seem like weird timing for announcing any of those things.

He's replied to one of his own tweets since saying it's news about Tielemans... I will be AMAZED if Youri signs a new contract with us at all, but particularly when we could be 8 games away from the Championship...

I've not come across that guy on Twitter before - is he someone reliable?

Reading the tweets on their profile since that post (which suggests an announcement at 3pm today), then it sounds like it's to do with kit and/or sponsors... Possibly stadium. But it weird seem like weird timing for announcing any of those things.

He's replied to one of his own tweets since saying it's news about Tielemans... I will be AMAZED if Youri signs a new contract with us at all, but particularly when we could be 8 games away from the Championship...
No idea who he is. Just thought it might spark some interesting speculation.

Interesting. Next season will be all crypto and deliveroo shite then, as that seems to be where VC money is going despite the fact that no one actually seems to make any profit from it
And then about 5 years later someone will - incredibly - link takeaway delivery services with people getting fat, and you won't be able to put that on footy shirts either.

Then it'll be multiverse shit, until humans realise that - surprisingly - only ever having online interaction leads to extreme loneliness.

Predictable isn't it.

Everyone will just get shady 'investment' companies to sponsor them instead, like us!

It’s probably this:

Just shirts? It's a bit meaningless without also looking at shorts, sleeves, training tops, billboards or those boards the manager stands in front of while lamenting his team's performance for the TV cameras.

Then it'll be multiverse shit, until humans realise that - surprisingly - only ever having online interaction leads to extreme loneliness.

Do you mean metaverse?

Or are you expecting different Earths to start advertising on football shirts? Could be the future of tourism. Find me an Earth where we held onto 4th place and were then able to sign Robin Gosens instead of Ryan Bertrand and I'll definitely take a visit.

It’s probably this:

Now they just need to remove the rest of the gambling-related branding and sponsorship, and the sponsorship by companies that didn’t exist until ten minutes before the deal was announced and don’t seem to actually provide any service, and the billionaires pissing other people’s money up the wall, and the pre-season tournaments on the other side of the world, and the 12 jillion other things that make the Premier League the Best League In The World Tee Em.

**** football and its bullshit lip service to social justice and good causes. “Ooh let’s all kneel, that’ll stop the racism. Welcome to the club, John Terry.”

****s.

More on this here:

‘’ Clubs agree to withdraw gambling sponsorship from the front of their matchday shirts, the first UK sports league to do so

Premier League clubs have today collectively agreed to withdraw gambling sponsorship from the front of clubs’ matchday shirts, becoming the first sports league in the UK to take such a measure voluntarily in order to reduce gambling advertising.

The announcement follows an extensive consultation involving the League, its clubs and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport as part of the Government’s ongoing review of current gambling legislation.

The Premier League is also working with other sports on the development of a new code for responsible gambling sponsorship.

To assist clubs with their transition away from shirt-front gambling sponsorship, the collective agreement will begin at the end of the 2025/26 season. ’’

And then about 5 years later someone will - incredibly - link takeaway delivery services with people getting fat, and you won't be able to put that on footy shirts either.

Predictable isn't it.

I long for the days when a lager brand was on a football shirt.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663