A new era?

It's probably quite difficult to work out, in fairness, just how much damage he has done. The club has got to take some fault (and not just for not sacking him sooner) I think the club probably did mislead Rodgers over signings last summer, at least initially, for whatever reason but he behaved like a spoilt child over it and tanked the morale of the squad.

I feel justified in saying though that he did lead on us on a downward trajectory over the last 2 years with his combo of mismanagement, poor player management and his unwillingness (or inability) to adapt to the situation. He seemed to me to be driven in the pursuit of his own ideals with little regard to the situation on the ground. A decent managed would have adapted.

It's probably quite difficult to work out, in fairness, just how much damage he has done. The club has got to take some fault (and not just for not sacking him sooner) I think the club probably did mislead Rodgers over signings last summer, at least initially, for whatever reason but he behaved like a spoilt child over it and tanked the morale of the squad.

I feel justified in saying though that he did lead on us on a downward trajectory over the last 2 years with his combo of mismanagement, poor player management and his unwillingness (or inability) to adapt to the situation. He seemed to me to be driven in the pursuit of his own ideals with little regard to the situation on the ground. A decent managed would have adapted.
He spent almost half a billion.

He spent almost half a billion.
In the period I referred to it was reported as 15.3 million (i.e. Faes) by which stage Rodgers was already packing a sad. The reason he was packing that sad was because he believed there was more dosh to spend. Why he believed that, who can say, but I think we can lay at least some blame with the club, if only for reasons of miscommunication. I don't cut Rodgers any slack as a rule but he has a little there. How he responded to that however beggars belief.

Or maybe it was Rodgers saying all those things about having a big refresh in the summer so he could try to back the club into a corner so that he would get a bunch of money to spend. Once it didn't happen he started his stupid shit and to the outside world it looked like he hadn't been backed in the transfer market and everyone would say it's not his fault.

In the period I referred to it was reported as 15.3 million (i.e. Faes) by which stage Rodgers was already packing a sad. The reason he was packing that sad was because he believed there was more dosh to spend. Why he believed that, who can say, but I think we can lay at least some blame with the club, if only for reasons of miscommunication. I don't cut Rodgers any slack as a rule but he has a little there. How he responded to that however beggars belief.
The world was in a state of general coma for two years.

Whatever he was promised or otherwise all clubs had to cut their cloth accordingly (bar two or three). Being owned by a company whose main revenue stream is in the duty free business at airports meant that we were probably one of the hardest hit.

Out owners paid all their staff in full while this was going on -remember that?

If BR was and is so thick as to not realise that possible available funds pre-pandemic would be unavailable or greatly reduced post-pandemic would suggest he is either very thick or very manipulative.

My money is on the latter and he used this as an opportunity to distance himself from the club and garner the sympathy card from the media.

Please also remember AT HIS REQUEST we broke our transfer strategy and didn’t sell any players at the tail end of a season while handing him a wedge of cash, which he squandered.

The club aren’t blameless in this but in my opinion, BR is a lying, manipulative and somewhat slimy ****.

Or maybe it was Rodgers saying all those things about having a big refresh in the summer so he could try to back the club into a corner so that he would get a bunch of money to spend.
That's a possibility too.

Please also remember AT HIS REQUEST we broke our transfer strategy and didn’t sell any players at the tail end of a season while handing him a wedge of cash, which he squandered.
I'm assuming that was the case. That is, that he got his way and was able to not only hang on to players but pay silly sums to them. Who knows why the club changed their policy but Rodgers must have had something to do with it, sweet words in the too trusting ears of Top?

Please don't think I'm defending Rodgers one iota, because I'm not. We should have been shot of him ages ago. I only made the remark that it's difficult to assess just how much of the blame for the damage he's done falls on him. Some of it must go the club's way, at least for allowing Rodgers that much leeway. That was at best naive, at worst poor management.

For a so called top class coach, manager , whatever! he should have knuckled down and got on with the job instead of washing his dirty laundry in public.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663