Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

If you watch the replay on MOTD last night when Shawcross' foot makes contact Ramsey's ankle is already at a very bad angle. I think his studs got caught in the grass and the tackle just applied a bit of extra pressure.

No malice and a perfectly normaly and acceptable tackle IMO.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Awkward one, no malice at all. Shawcross who (unfairly imo) got sent off for it went off in tears, you could see he was distraught by what he had done. Ramsey's foot was hanging off, not nice. Sky refused to show a replay though. Ramsey is so young and had looked such a good prospect as well.

I agree. The ref reacted to the injury, not to anything he saw in the tackle.

City Fan

I agree. The ref reacted to the injury, not to anything he saw in the tackle.

The same thing with the Martin Taylor incident as well, IMO.

enderby fox

MHS

As for Stoke they are a disgrace to the Premier league and football in general, for two years now they have got through the prem with long ball tactics scoring most of their goals from long throws, they have about two techinchally good footballing players, the rest are just average players who wouldn't get in any other premier league team, I hope they along with Bolton get relegated soon because they are a joke to be in the premier league.

I have just found myself screaming in my head at this post, wanker. Why are Stoke a disgrace? Please explain. So what if they play long ball, boring football, that's exactly how we played when we were there under O'Neill 12 years ago! So what if "they have about two techinchally good footballing players" - it's a team game, and as a team they are very effective at what they do. "I hope they along with Bolton get relegated soon because they are a joke to be in the premier league" - please explain this too... why are they a joke???

camberwell fox

I have just found myself screaming in my head at this post, wanker. Why are Stoke a disgrace? Please explain. So what if they play long ball, boring football, that's exactly how we played when we were there under O'Neill 12 years ago! So what if "they have about two techinchally good footballing players" - it's a team game, and as a team they are very effective at what they do. "I hope they along with Bolton get relegated soon because they are a joke to be in the premier league" - please explain this too... why are they a joke???

I may be unpopular in this, but i quite like watching Stoke play, particularly at home. NO one takes them for granted and i think they play attractive football (albeit combative). They will and have give ANYONE a run for their money when they are on form.

I also apologise in saying i think their fans make the event more attractive due to the loud singing of Delilah...Harbs, please think for a few moments before you post...

MHS

I may be unpopular in this, but i quite like watching Stoke play, particularly at home. NO one takes them for granted and i think they play attractive football (albeit combative). They will and have give ANYONE a run for their money when they are on form.

I also apologise in saying i think their fans make the event more attractive due to the loud singing of Delilah...Harbs, please think for a few moments before you post...

Bravo to you Sir. :038:

fitz

I've got away without ever thinking, its not thinking thats the problem I reckon....

As for Adrian Durham Beights.....The man is a bellend, but I am pretty sure that's why he gets half his listeners

fitz

Yeah, their fans being vocal is good. Chucking pint glasses at me and the London Branch many years ago was not so good.....Though I suspect those bellends weren't at the game. Also suspect my mouth didn't help.....

pork pie fox

The long ball Stoke is a myth imo. They play football fine.

I like Stoke a lot, they are about the only side in the Premier League debt free. They are a shining example to teams like Leicester about how to go up the right way, they stick within their means but yet are still competing up there, comfortably in mid-table and in the FA Cup quarter final.

I'm not an accountant, so could be very wrong here, but it doesn't seem to me say they are debt free - just that they don't have any debts to external people/companies. It states that the Coates family has invested £17m interest free and plan to invest more, but that doesn't mean that Stoke don't owe that money to them unless they write it off, which by stating that it's interest free implies that they haven't.

Sorry in advance if I'm missing something here.

cleefox

I'm not an accountant, so could be very wrong here, but it doesn't seem to me say they are debt free - just that they don't have any debts to external people/companies. It states that the Coates family has invested £17m interest free and plan to invest more, but that doesn't mean that Stoke don't owe that money to them unless they write it off, which by stating that it's interest free implies that they haven't.

I think it was on SSN that they are converting those loans into shares sometime in the future.

Joe_Fox

Is there a video that works? All the videos I've seen are not very clear.

fitz

I deal in that sector but I'd be ****ed if I started to even start to think about football finances, totally different (and odd) world to what I am used to

Profondo Rosso

:038: Spot on. I'd love us to be the next Stoke.

Absolutely. I'd be ecstatic if we could do what they are doing currently over the next few years. As I said, would be great to see a side like that win the FA Cup (though I like Fulham too). You know it would mean so much more to the Stoke fans than the Chelsea fans if they won it. Their fans would be talking about Pulis for decades to come.

Harbro-Fox

Legend

We in England have the best league in the world, the league is watched by millions all over the world and people watch the premier league to see the best players and best football. The way in which Stoke play is completely awful, aiming long balls with no accuracy up to the front men hoping that the ball will take a bounce into one of the strikers paths or hoping that the ball will go out for a throw in so detwat can lauch it in the box, its just such an unnattractive way to play football and Stoke and Bolton are the two teams which I would show videos of to young footballers and tell them this is how not to play football. Bolton are the same that is why they are a joke, only difference being they have a few good players who can play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669