Adams out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil The Fox said:
The idea of Brian Little has to be a (sick) joke

Got us to three playoff finals and promoted to the Premiership, doesn't play pretty football but gets results, is now plying his trade in the lower leagues so wouldn't be hard to get back in that respect.. Ok he was a bit of a hate figure for a bit... I'm not saying he'd be the ideal manager but is a more realistic option than Strachan.

I was at the game yesterday and we were poor. Even when we were 0-2 ahead QPR it was against the run of play. We didn't have any width and were unable to string together enough passes to keep possession. We lack a central midfield link man who can help us keep the ball for extended periods (e.g. Muzzy). We all knew, when Connolly decided he fancied a shower, that a draw would be a good result. There can't be many teams in the league for whom a 2-0 lead is a difficult position.

But I don't think we should sack Mickey Adams.

He got us promoted whilst in administration last year. He got Fulham (and Brighton?) promoted. OK we got relegated last season but we scored a lot of goals and competed. Look at the list of alternatives for God's sake. MA's track record is out of sight compared to those guys. Yes, we are struggling at the moment but we are only 10 games into the season. Sacking a manager costs money we don't have plus the massive risk of getting a dud as a new manager. MA has proved he is not a dud. Look at Palace last season - they had a very poor start to the season - they were where we are now at Christmas! Should they have sacked Dowie?

We are going through a poor patch and it's frustrating for the fans. But we have to give MA a PROPER chance to put it right. He has proved that he is basically a good manager and he has bloody well earned the right at Leicester to be given the benefit of the doubt.

If we fling a manager every time we go through an extended bad patch then we'll become a Forest. I cannot think of a worse fate than that.

Uh, I thought that Crystal Palace did sack their manager, Dowie took over at Christmas and then they went up the league? It wasn't Dowie that took them into the relegation zone.

Dowie started the revival at Palace,he wasn't there at the start of the season.

Sheen Fox said:
I was at the game yesterday and we were poor. Even when we were 0-2 ahead QPR it was against the run of play. We didn't have any width and were unable to string together enough passes to keep possession. We lack a central midfield link man who can help us keep the ball for extended periods (e.g. Muzzy). We all knew, when Connolly decided he fancied a shower, that a draw would be a good result. There can't be many teams in the league for whom a 2-0 lead is a difficult position.

But I don't think we should sack Mickey Adams.

He got us promoted whilst in administration last year. He got Fulham (and Brighton?) promoted. OK we got relegated last season but we scored a lot of goals and competed. Look at the list of alternatives for God's sake. MA's track record is out of sight compared to those guys. Yes, we are struggling at the moment but we are only 10 games into the season. Sacking a manager costs money we don't have plus the massive risk of getting a dud as a new manager. MA has proved he is not a dud. Look at Palace last season - they had a very poor start to the season - they were where we are now at Christmas! Should they have sacked Dowie?

We are going through a poor patch and it's frustrating for the fans. But we have to give MA a PROPER chance to put it right. He has proved that he is basically a good manager and he has bloody well earned the right at Leicester to be given the benefit of the doubt.

If we fling a manager every time we go through an extended bad patch then we'll become a Forest. I cannot think of a worse fate than that.

Three things about what I think is a well argued post: first, MA did have a decent track record and that's why it was the only bit of the DB package that seemed to have merit, unfortunately he now seems to be on the slide & probably needs a change for his own sake; second, the team that got promotion had little to do with players brought in by MA; third, of course there is no sense in getting rid of MA immediately unless there is someone lined up who is better - if there is such a person available then I think the time to act is now.

Why would Gordon Strachan want to come here.He turned down the Leeds job,a club that he had a connection with,so why would he think we are a better option?The only job Strachan wants and as a good chance of getting is the Scotland job,the job will be his when Vogts is flung out.

I believe that the Leicester job would still have an appeal to managers, whilst we dont have millions in the bank or premiership football, we must be in the top five or six non premiership clubs.

We have a cracking new stadium, on paper and with the right tactics a tremendous squad for this level, and we are still in a position where we could still gain promotion.

Ok we arent going to attract the top managers but i am pretty certain a number of decent managers would be very interested.

My shortlist would be in no particular order :

Gordan Strachan
Gary Megson
George Graham
Steve McMahon
Steve Cotterill
Bryan Robson
Terry Venables - Dream Choice but you never know

Keep the Faith said:
I believe that the Leicester job would still have an appeal to managers, whilst we dont have millions in the bank or premiership football, we must be in the top five or six non premiership clubs.

We have a cracking new stadium, on paper and with the right tactics a tremendous squad for this level, and we are still in a position where we could still gain promotion.

Ok we arent going to attract the top managers but i am pretty certain a number of decent managers would be very interested.

Gordan Strachan - Agree, he'd be great, but he won't come.
Gary Megson - Why?
George Graham - See above.
Steve McMahon - See above.
Steve Cotterill - I agree.
Bryan Robson - Why?
Terry Venables - Silly, we've just got out of admin.

alex said:
Keep the Faith said:

Gary Megson - Why?
Bryan Robson - Why?

Gary Megson - Has done a good job at West Brom, Ok they are struggling at the moment but I think he would do well here.

George Graham - Why not has won league championships and didnt do bad at Spurs under the circumstances. He is a disciplinarian and a winner ..... enough said.

Steve McMahon - Did a good job at Blackpool and likes to play football, good eye for a player and again doesnt suffer fools. Also currently out of work so no long drawn out negotiations with clubs.

Bryan Robson - If he could do the same job he did at Middlesborough here I dont think you would be complaining. We have similar potential in terms of squad, fan base and stadium dont under estimate what he achieved there.

Terry Venables - Wouldnt need to spend, we have the squad. TV is a players manager, excellent coach and tactican would definately get a response from this current squad.

Keep the Faith said:
alex said:
Keep the Faith said:

Gary Megson - Why?
Bryan Robson - Why?

Gary Megson - Has done a good job at West Brom, Ok they are struggling at the moment but I think he would do well here.

George Graham - Why not has won league championships and didnt do bad at Spurs under the circumstances. He is a disciplinarian and a winner ..... enough said.

Steve McMahon - Did a good job at Blackpool and likes to play football, good eye for a player and again doesnt suffer fools. Also currently out of work so no long drawn out negotiations with clubs.

Bryan Robson - If he could do the same job he did at Middlesborough here I dont think you would be complaining. We have similar potential in terms of squad, fan base and stadium dont under estimate what he achieved there.

Terry Venables - Wouldnt need to spend, we have the squad. TV is a players manager, excellent coach and tactican would definately get a response from this current squad.

Of those you have mentioned only Robson & McMahon would, IMO, look at the job. Firstly because of the likely pay limitations, secondly because the playing staff is now a real dog's dinner. Some people say that 'on paper' we have a strong squad - I don't think that this can be tranferred to actual matches - wrong sort of players -dodgy set up.

OK....well IMO:

Megson - No better than Adams, has lost the dressing room at WBA and has achieved little more, with more cash, than Adams.
Strachan - Cloud cuckoo land, he wants Scotland job.
Graham - Always wants a budget to spend - very much doubt he would come to the foxes, especially in the CCC.
McMahon - Well, I'm not that sure he did such a great jog to be honest, not really.
Cotterill - Good call, but would he walk out on Burnley? Probably not for us unfortunately, real shame.
Robson - Well, yes, I kind of take your point, but apart from a couple of good seasons at the 'Boro, he has done little.

WHAT ABOUT?

Mike Newell?
Phil Thompson?

I think either would be better....IMO.

Terry Butcher, yeah, good call, he's done great things up there has he not, Motherwell yeah? Would he come do you reckon?

He's built a good young side,trouble is and the same goes for Craig Levein it is the SPL and its hard to judge exactly what they've acheived.Levein as done well in Europe with Hearts,well Moderately well.Butcher does believe in bringing players through and he'd sort the discipline out,don't think we'd have trouble tempting him away.

Graz said:
Uh, I thought that Crystal Palace did sack their manager, Dowie took over at Christmas and then they went up the league? It wasn't Dowie that took them into the relegation zone.

Apologise for the factual error (a better example might have been MON after his first 10 games when many fans were calling for his head, or Ferguson in 1991(?) when ManU were bottom) but it doesn't affect the point I'm making - that MA has proved he has ability, has done good things for us and has earned the right to get us out of this poor patch.

Fox Fan said:
Do not blame Pressman for anything - he made one of the best saves ive EVER seen just before there 3rd, flew across the goal - anyone else who was there will bcak me up on this.

I thought there was no way Pressman was getting that ball, i couldnt believe he saved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566