All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powell has vast experience and could be used as short term cover but nothing else. If hired I can't see him featuring much.

Good deal indeed

Let's ship out an England under-21 left back, who might be a rough around the edges and have a lot to learn, but has bucketloads of potential

And in his place sign a 39 year old duffer who was deemed not fit for a contract at a League Two club

And then let's stash a big wedge of the money into the hands of a nice friendly agent, and the rest into Milan's back pocket

A great deal, I would say......

Powell would only be signed as short term cover (I'm assuming). If we'd just sold a player for £3million I'm guessing we would be signing a long term replacement of a higher calibre.

Blimey, I knew A levels had been dumbed down, but if they're easy enough that friends of footballers can pass them, maybe I should have another go...

Just read the (unsubstantiated) story that Brian Deane is with us the moment whilst taking his coaching badges

How's about Deane and Dickov up front on Sat'day ?

Just read the (unsubstantiated) story that Brian Deane is with us the moment whilst taking his coaching badges

How's about Deane and Dickov up front on Sat'day ?

I think it's true, not sure where you saw it but knowitall on FT posted this yesterday and he/she has been spot on about most things.

Powell would only be signed as short term cover (I'm assuming). If we'd just sold a player for £3million I'm guessing we would be signing a long term replacement of a higher calibre.

And of course there are loads of those just itching to go to a third division club !

And of course there are loads of those just itching to go to a third division club !

Of a higher calibre than Chris Powell ?

I suspect that there are quite a few

There's the left back at Bournemouth for a start.......

Of a higher calibre than Chris Powell ?

I suspect that there are quite a few

There's the left back at Bournemouth for a start.......

Ooops, the way your post read, I thought you meant a player of higher calibre than JM.

Courtesy of Jonezy on FT

"Danish newspaper claims that Craig Shakespere was watching this guy at the Denmark-Spain game, and also that Leicester had scouts at the Man City - FC Midtjylland game. He plays leftback for FC Midtjylland (and they actually beat Man City).

He is a leftback turning 27 in September. Full of running and with a decent cross. I always liked this guy, and many Danes think he is our best leftback, but the national coach is a blank when it comes to fullback positions, so the Denmark-Spain game was his debut (don't put too into into the fact that Denmark lost 3-0 on three 2nd half goals). The quote in the interview gives the indication that he is keen to join Leicester, but if it doesn't come through he will not feel to down hearted, as Midtjylland is playing Uefa football and doing well in the best Danish league.

The article suggests though, that we are looking to sell Mattock before we will go for this guy.

Source (in Danish):

http://www.sporten.dk/fodbold/sas-ligaen-2...vej-til-england"

Courtesy of Jonezy on FT

"Danish newspaper claims that Craig Shakespere was watching this guy at the Denmark-Spain game, and also that Leicester had scouts at the Man City - FC Midtjylland game. He plays leftback for FC Midtjylland (and they actually beat Man City).

He is a leftback turning 27 in September. Full of running and with a decent cross. I always liked this guy, and many Danes think he is our best leftback, but the national coach is a blank when it comes to fullback positions, so the Denmark-Spain game was his debut (don't put too into into the fact that Denmark lost 3-0 on three 2nd half goals). The quote in the interview gives the indication that he is keen to join Leicester, but if it doesn't come through he will not feel to down hearted, as Midtjylland is playing Uefa football and doing well in the best Danish league.

The article suggests though, that we are looking to sell Mattock before we will go for this guy.

Source (in Danish):

http://www.sporten.dk/fodbold/sas-ligaen-2...vej-til-england"

What's his name :102:

Most of it has already been translated by Jonezy, a quote from Poulsen:

"If the deal doesn't go through it would be okay, and if it does, it would be fantastic."

Some guy on the site has posted six comments that are all saying:

"Who the hell is going to Engands League 1 when you play in the Uefa Cup? Soon there won't be anything else than rumours in the papers"

:icon_razz

Last edited:
Some guy on the site has posted six comments that are all saying:

"Who the hell is going to Engands League 1 when you play in the Uefa Cup? Soon there won't be anything else than rumours in the papers"

:icon_razz

Erm Tunchev anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573