Allen Gone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely agree: if anything untoward had happened in the changing room then the national press would be on it like ferrets up a drain.

My guess is that disagreement about transfer policy was the key issue with Milan unhappy about the sort of players Allen was bringing in i.e. mainly ordinary stock that would have landed us around mid table at the very best. We would all have liked to believe that the Watford game was the benchmark but like as not it wasn't. It wont have helped Allen's cause that he may have been seen as tactically outwitted in most of the football this season.

Finally, his behaviour is definitely "quirky" and whilst that might appeal to some fans no doubt it would have got on Milan's and other peoples nerves who worked with him on a day to day basis over a period of time.

I do not suggest that anything happened in the changing rooms. However in an emotional atmosphere with two highly volatile men who have obviously not seen eye to eye for a few weeks there may have been something said or done that MM was not happy about (not in the chuffing changing room) that made him act on Wednesday.

Does that clear up any misunderstanding ?

Either Hume is aware that something "led" to the manager and assistants leaving or it is just his choice of words.

Erm, if they were behind the scenes that means 'behind the scenes' not in the chuffing changing rooms. This sort of speculation is offensive in the extreme.

We all know the sacking had been lined up well in advance (see the Mirror Milan's mouth piece from the previous week) and Notts F isn't connected in any way.

John Barber started it. ;)

Started the incident that led to them leaving or started the speculation ?

The latter. He used a phrase when describing events in the tunnel that would easily lead the listener to believe a punch up had occurred. ;)

My guess is that disagreement about transfer policy was the key issue with Milan unhappy about the sort of players Allen was bringing in

And I would have thought MA wasn't totally over the moon with some of the deadbeats MM brought in, Hellings and Neilsen spring to mind.;)

The latter. He used a phrase when describing events in the tunnel that would easily lead the listener to believe a punch up had occurred. ;)

Surely you are not suggesting that the bollox Barber says actually describes anything . His usual fare is completely nonsensical.

I Wish people would get a grip.

Are you Martin Allen supporters, or, Leicester City supporters?

What exactly has MA done to deserve the support he's getting?

While i'm shocked at whats happened, and a little worried how this is going to effect the club, i don't see how MA has earned such support as 'best manager since MON' and 'i'm giving my season ticket away' etc. etc.

MM has made a commitment to get us into the Premiership, i believe this is his ambition, and the 'sacking' of MA would have cost him a substantial ammount of money. This decision has been made because MM feels its his best chance of success.

I Won't miss MA, he didn't have the chance to gain my admiration.

We now have the anxious wait for a new manager..........

I Wish people would get a grip.

Are you Martin Allen supporters, or, Leicester City supporters?

What exactly has MA done to deserve the support he's getting?

While i'm shocked at whats happened, and a little worried how this is going to effect the club, i don't see how MA has earned such support as 'best manager since MON' and 'i'm giving my season ticket away' etc. etc.

MM has made a commitment to get us into the Premiership, i believe this is his ambition, and the 'sacking' of MA would have cost him a substantial ammount of money. This decision has been made because MM feels its his best chance of success.

I Won't miss MA, he didn't have the chance to gain my admiration.

We now have the anxious wait for a new manager..........
feriol would you be happy with warnock.

And I would have thought MA wasn't totally over the moon with some of the deadbeats MM brought in, Hellings and Neilsen spring to mind.;)

We're speculating that they were brought in by the Milan appointees who perished in an earlier cull - yes?

I am sure that Milan has, does and will make mistakes just as he did at Pompey. But he's the owner and obviously has the bottle to seek to redress matters. I still think Milan is by far the best and possibly only bet to get us back in the premiership.

His sacking of Allen undoubtedly creates both short term problems but also longer term opportunities. No disrespect to anyone but Allen obviously set out to appeal to the naive - which is not to suggest that just because people loked Allen that they are stupid. Not al all. We are all entitled to our opinions.

However, I sense that the initial vitriol against Milan is already seeping away and all now depends on where he goes now on the appointment of a replacement.

MON brought some shit in during his time at Leicester. If people are going to hang MM for signing those two then its a poor show.

He has stumped up unlike the last lot. At least we look to be heading in the right direction now. Before MM came in we were in freefall.

MON brought some shit in during his time at Leicester. If people are going to hang MM for signing those two then its a poor show.

He has stumped up unlike the last lot. At least we look to be heading in the right direction now. Before MM came in we were in freefall.

But we're not moving in the right direction: that is why MM booted MA out!

Not read the only quote I've seen from MA (from today's Guardian) anywhere so I'll put it here:

Allen said succinctly: "Four games, two wins, one draw, one defeat, that's my record. But for legal reasons I can't say any more."

Said on EM Today that sources close to him said he'd pleaded for more time and he'd had a tough 48 hours and couldn't talk further.

Cannot imagine him keeping quiet for too long even if there is money in it for him. He's bound to spill something.

Last edited:
On the pitch we were. MA wasn't sacked based on the results.

which is why i can't believe all the petition plans and criticism for Milan. He could have done any number of sackable things, or it could be that MM wants total control on signings, either way its MM's feckin club

Iain Dowie has been awarded Championship Manager of the month for August !!!!!! :098:

absolute rubbish .....

Should have been MA..... He only lasted the month !! :confused:

Iain Dowie has been awarded Championship Manager of the month for August !!!!!! :098:

absolute rubbish .....

Should have been MA..... He only lasted the month !! :confused:

i agree, why give it to a manager who has got his team to the top of the table when you could give it to one who lost his opening fixture to blackpool (ffs) and struggled past accrington stanley ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669