Allen Gone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a conversation tonight with my best friend and the bloke she works with...who was in Fat Cats last night with his mate-who works on FoxFM radio,the hospital one....... guess who was in there??

Kisnorbo and Henderson, Doyle and Whitbread and Martin Allen......

Now my dilemma is do I tell you what Allen said cos he went and asked him outright what had gone on.......

But I will tell you that the media got it wrong that Clarke had 2 heart attacks....he had FOUR( Allen himself said this)

Fecking right you do!!!! :038::038::038::038:

I sure some folk will say it's just his version of what went on though...but I DO believe my best mate not to make something like this up, especially as she(and the lad she works with) are both STH....

any chance of a PM BF?

I had a conversation tonight with my best friend and the bloke she works with...who was in Fat Cats last night with his mate-who works on FoxFM radio,the hospital one....... guess who was in there??

Kisnorbo and Henderson, Doyle and Whitbread and Martin Allen......

Now my dilemma is do I tell you what Allen said cos he went and asked him outright what had gone on.......

But I will tell you that the media got it wrong that Clarke had 2 heart attacks....he had FOUR( Allen himself said this)

he's gone anyway, spill the beans ;) or pm me please

Ok here goes....................
Ahem......

This bloke, Andy his name is, was out with his mate(who works for FoxFM radio, the hospital one) and they went to Fat Cats-as we all know it's one of the hangouts for the players.
In there they found, Kisnorbo, Henderson, Doyle, Whitbread and Mr.Allen himself.

Well after having a couple of drinks Andy's mate decided he'd go and ask MA what went off, Andy went with him, being a Leicester fan obviously he'd want to know!

So his mate asked him straight out......Allen said that he couldn't even pick the team without MM interfering, that MM was constantly telling him who should play, that he had been asking for several weeks for a left-sided player, because he could see we were playing too narrow, yet whenever he went to MM about it, MM was only interested in bringing another striker in. That he wouldn't let him go after the players he really wanted, and he brought players in who he could tell straight away WOULDN'T be good enough, but MM wouldn't listen.

He was asked how many of the new signings were HIS decisions...........he said FOUR.....

He was asked about Neilsen and he just shook his head and said, DON'T ask....then he said how we had SIX goalies on our books which in his view was ridiculous.

He said he knew what was coming because he stood his ground over the JFH fiasco.....

He also said(and this will annoy some fans) that the League Cup didn't matter as much to him because the League was the most important thing, even though it was a local derby and he knew what it meant to the fans. MM was of the same view on this so it didn't bother him that he changed the team around for it, the reason he did that was because he wanted those players on the fringes to believe they were a part of the team, because the team spirit was first class and he had got the players starting to believe in themselves.

He said IF we won on satdee at Plymouth we could go 6th, and he firmly believed he had the players to get us to the play-offs. He wasn't expecting automatic promotion because of how many more experienced sides there are but he honestly thought he could do what was needed to get us there or there abouts.

Then Andy's mate asked him about Clarke, Andy said Allen actually looked like he was going to start crying again when he started to talk about him. Clarke didn't have two heart attacks, he had four, and then he said he didn't care if he got the sack, but for MM to sack Doyle, who got Clarke's heart going again all four times before the paramedics got there he was fuming over. After what he did that night he deserved better treatment.

He said that the atmosphere at the ground was nasty and you could feel how everything was controlled, which is why he tried to make the training ground a squad only place. He said he loved it here, he loved working with the players and he loved talking to the fans. And that he's sad he never had the chance to prove he could do the job well.

Andy said Kisnorbo and Henderson didn't say anything whilst Allen was talking, but they were watching and listening to all of it. After that they just spoke a bit about the future, wishing him good luck etc then bought him and the others a drink and left them to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So there you have it.........

Maybe MA's opinion could be tinged with bias, but some things he said are things we've ALL spoke about already, MM wanting to be involved in EVERY aspect of the club, that not all of the signings were MA's choice etc...

Andy got the impression that Kisnorbo and Henderson certainly respected Allen, well if they didn't like him they wouldn't be drinking with him would they?

Maybe we'll hear a more official reaction from MA in the future....

Probably is his own spin but its all pretty believable tbh!! Good post BF, true or not twas a good read, i dont think MA was the be all and end all but i do think he would have been good for the club. I just hope we dont get a faceless foreign manager, roberto kellyo or whatever i have really enjoyed being interested in city for a change!!

The thing that still sticks out for me is that only a few days ago MA was denying bust ups with Milan and quashing speculation about his job. Just seems strange he would claim that so close to getting the boot.

Thanks for posting that BF - much appreciated.

feriol would you be happy with warnock.

Honestly, Yes. i think he is a good manager. My Opinion of him personally is that he is a Wanker, but i don't think thats important. I Don't have to go out drinking with the bloke, but i think he would get us promoted.

cheers BF

though if allen seriously didn't think MM was going to interfere when he took the job then he is a total spanner

The thing that still sticks out for me is that only a few days ago MA was denying bust ups with Milan and quashing speculation about his job. Just seems strange he would claim that so close to getting the boot.

Maybe the same reason they both came out with the talk about offering JFH a trial...makes you wodner if they ever did or if it was a joint decision to say that so MM wouldn't look a prat by offering him a contract only for the manager to say, ........nah, don't want that one......

Thanks for the info BF:038:
Around the same time you were typing it John Barnwell of the football league was on SSN saying how bad it is that a manager gets sacked after 3 league games.
He said that he has advised MA not to say anything until his severence has been finalised, so hope what was said in Fat Cats doesn't get him in further strife.

Thanks BF - although we always knew that would be the case and so did MA, unless he is very naive! So we have an interfering chairman who does not like the way his manager is trying to change the club on and off the pitch.

On balance I have to say that whilst I have found MA's passion and ambition refreshing, if in MM's judgement MA was damaging important areas of the club, messing with the academy etc., then he gets my support for stopping it now and giving someone else a chance who will focus solely on the first team.

cheers BF

though if allen seriously didn't think MM was going to interfere when he took the job then he is a total spanner

Well I guess it depends on how much 'interference' you'd expect.

Sure i'd expect MM to keep a close eye on what Allen was doing on the training pitch etc, and when talknig about possible transfers to listen and offer his opinion on players.
But to tell a manager who should play and who shouldn't? To me, that is something ultimately the managers decides, not his coaching staff, not the kit man and certainly not the chairman.
The chairman isn't on the training pitch every day with the squad to determine who should be in the starting line up...isn't that what the manager and his coaching staff are paid to do?

Thanks for the info BF:038:
Around the same time you were typing it John Barnwell of the football league was on SSN saying how bad it is that a manager gets sacked after 3 league games.
He said that he has advised MA not to say anything until his severence has been finalised, so hope what was said in Fat Cats doesn't get him in further strife.

Well he's bound to have said it to family and friends hasn't he?

Obviously Barnwell meant the proper media people not paparazzi type peeps like me!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669