Allen Gone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess it depends on how much 'interference' you'd expect.

Sure i'd expect MM to keep a close eye on what Allen was doing on the training pitch etc, and when talknig about possible transfers to listen and offer his opinion on players.
But to tell a manager who should play and who shouldn't? To me, that is something ultimately the managers decides, not his coaching staff, not the kit man and certainly not the chairman.
The chairman isn't on the training pitch every day with the squad to determine who should be in the starting line up...isn't that what the manager and his coaching staff are paid to do?

Indeed. If thats the case MM Just wants a scapegoat, to take the flak.

Well I guess it depends on how much 'interference' you'd expect.

Sure i'd expect MM to keep a close eye on what Allen was doing on the training pitch etc, and when talknig about possible transfers to listen and offer his opinion on players.
But to tell a manager who should play and who shouldn't? To me, that is something ultimately the managers decides, not his coaching staff, not the kit man and certainly not the chairman.
The chairman isn't on the training pitch every day with the squad to determine who should be in the starting line up...isn't that what the manager and his coaching staff are paid to do?

it is, but MM has a history of going about things to try and get his team to be just that. at pompey he brought that useless lump in to help him control who harry picked IMO. MA can't complain too much about signings Milan has made as I belive DJ was one of his choices, not worth the pennies i think

Thanks so much BF for posting that. Very, very interesting.

Brings back annoyance for me about the whole thing - I was just starting to accept everything that's gone on!

it is, but MM has a history of going about things to try and get his team to be just that. at pompey he brought that useless lump in to help him control who harry picked IMO. MA can't complain too much about signings Milan has made as I belive DJ was one of his choices, not worth the pennies i think

i dunno, he's a poacher - and scoring 2 in 2 starts isn't that bad

i dunno, he's a poacher - and scoring 2 in 2 starts isn't that bad

he has scored two goals from very close range i agree, but his inability to do anything with the ball in build up worries me. the ball just bounces back or he is too feckin slow to catch it

Well shall we try and guess who the four are?

Personally I think Fulop and Clarke, Clemence and DJ.

I also think DJ is a lazy barsteward but wasn't he at Brentford when Allen was there? Or am I thinking it completely wrong? Maybe having worked with him before-if he did!- made him think he could get his monies-worth.......

:icon_redfSorry.......won't say owt next time:icon_sad:

Don't be silly, like I said, thanks SO much for posting it and sharing it with us. It's just hard to keep away those feelings of frustration at Mandaric when it's apparent that Allen never got a chance

Again, don't be sorry! :056:

he has scored two goals from very close range i agree, but his inability to do anything with the ball in build up worries me. the ball just bounces back or he is too feckin slow to catch it

I know what you mean, but we haven't had that player scoring goals from very close range recently, and a goal's a goal, from close range or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566