Post Match Arsenal 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf on the red card, I'd feel disappointed if that was one of our players sent off.

No intention to hurt the player and just tried to stretch to get the ball so it can always look bad catching someone like that.

Law says red card but I don't think you'll ever see a serious injury at those sort of speeds.
high, straight legged and studs up into Justin's knee always a red card, intention doesn't matter Vardy got sent off vs West Ham (I think) for a similar challenge

Strange game. Arsenal looked like they could of ran away with it in the first half. There front three given all the space they wanted to run at our defence.

Second half much better. But we really struggle to break teams down when they have ten men behind the ball. We have very few options to really change the way we play. No big striker up front, no really different options in midfield. I expect Tielemans to be the man unlocking defences but he rarely looks like he wants to play that kill ball anymore.

Albrighton always look absolutely lost playing a defensive role. People think because he works hard (and he does), he can defend (and he cant).

its a big ask for Justin to play every game in this side. I feel for him. I think he will be a good player, but he is a target for sides at the moment.

I thought Youri was good. Nacho too.

Bang on. Hard work does not equate to being a good defender. In fact probably the opposite. I'm sure he's given a couple of poor pens away too, Newport and Liverpool jump to mind.

Imo we don't have the players for wing backs.

Ricardo could do it but Chilwell is most definitely better being able to support/overlap.

Strange game. Arsenal looked like they could of ran away with it in the first half. There front three given all the space they wanted to run at our defence.

Second half much better. But we really struggle to break teams down when they have ten men behind the ball. We have very few options to really change the way we play. No big striker up front, no really different options in midfield. I expect Tielemans to be the man unlocking defences but he rarely looks like he wants to play that kill ball anymore.
with this system he has to play deeper so maybe he doesn't have the angle, if you leave Perez out and player a proper 352 Tielemans can get more advanced and pick out the pass

I know it seems to be an unpopular opinion on here but honestly what does perez bring to the team. He has been shit 90% of this season he is a lazy individual, doesn't track back, seems too scared to tackle and when he does get the ball seems to do absolutely nothing with it and I can't understand why BR constantly plays him he is awful.

I am with Lako here; I honestly don't get the ridiculous criticism from some of Bennett. He looked strong to me and yes, he made some errors but certainly no more than Soyuncu. He gets his body in like a good old fashioned CB should.

We do have a real issue with the depth of our squad but this was obvious to everyone last summer and in January. We simply haven't recruited enough quality. I've no idea why James is taking up space on the bench when we have some young players who I've no doubt will be hungry to come on and do well.

Gray was great when he came on and I thought Perez had another very good game. I'd have liked the win but I think a point at Arsenal, especially given the massive improvement Arsenal have made of late, isn't too shabby. I can understand why we started with three at the back but we don't have the personnel to do this well enough against attacks like that of Arsenal. We missed Maddison's creativity tonight and we need him fit, quickly.

Vardy continues to do what he does best. His work rate is simply magnificent. Our best player by a country mile since the restart though has been Schmeichel. He was absolutely terrific once again tonight and I genuinely can't think of many other keepers in the league I would have over him.

Bang on. Hard work does not equate to being a good defender. In fact probably the opposite. I'm sure he's given a couple of poor pens away too, Newport and Liverpool jump to mind.

Imo we don't have the players for wing backs.

Ricardo could do it but Chilwell is most definitely better being able to support/overlap.
Chilwell tends to look better without Barnes on the wing Chilwell LWB with Fuchs LCB would probably be the best way to line up in this system

Getting twitchy on a couple of my bets.

Top four finish 16/1 (£10 stake). Being offered £70 to cash out.

Vardy top scorer 17/1 (£10 stake). Being offered £80 to cash out.

Any thoughts?

If we beat Bournemouth and Sheff Utd, we will finish top four by beating Man Utd on the final day irrespective of what else they do.

I'm looking for Chelsea or Man Utd making a slip but we don't deserve top four if it is not in our hands on the final day.

Hopefully we won't form an orderly queue outside the dressing room to ask for their autographs like we did at Old Trafford.

Rodgers has to take a good hard look at his set up today however saying that he only has the players that he's inherited. I have faith his ability and he will change the squad given a couple of transfer windows. We are playing a different type of football now and maybe some of the squad are not up to standard. The pressing game that we play needs work and a different type of player to what we're have in certain positions. I don't think Youri and Madderson can play in the same side when we press... Youri in particular is not mobile enough for me.

BR just needs to select a balanced team i.e. put a LB in the LB position the red card pulled us out of the shit tonight we were lucky.
Two more wins should get us a top 6 position will that mean Europe for us?

Any thoughts?
Have some faith you negative twat.

Unless you're absolutely desperate for £150??

We pissed away the last ten minutes of that match, when we should have been busting our bollocks for the winner. Very poor, when we had gifted the opportunity

Before the sending off we were a ****ing shambles thanks to the stupid ****ing set up and failure to change the bleeding obvious shitfest that was clear for everyone to see

****ing dreadful
You need to take off your red tinted glasses mate.

I am with Lako here; I honestly don't get the ridiculous criticism from some of Bennett. He looked strong to me and yes, he made some errors but certainly no more than Soyuncu. He gets his body in like a good old fashioned CB should.

We do have a real issue with the depth of our squad but this was obvious to everyone last summer and in January. We simply haven't recruited enough quality. I've no idea why James is taking up space on the bench when we have some young players who I've no doubt will be hungry to come on and do well.

Gray was great when he came on and I thought Perez had another very good game. I'd have liked the win but I think a point at Arsenal, especially given the massive improvement Arsenal have made of late, isn't too shabby. I can understand why we started with three at the back but we don't have the personnel to do this well enough against attacks like that of Arsenal. We missed Maddison's creativity tonight and we need him fit, quickly.

Vardy continues to do what he does best. His work rate is simply magnificent. Our best player by a country mile since the restart though has been Schmeichel. He was absolutely terrific once again tonight and I genuinely can't think of many other keepers in the league I would have over him.
I agree with most of that

on Kasper there are 2 keepers I would definitely have over him the rest not sure, Alisson & Ederson and maybe Bernd Leno, all 3 are outstanding shot stopper and brilliant with the ball as a bonus, which is becoming more important

I know it seems to be an unpopular opinion on here but honestly what does perez bring to the team. He has been shit 90% of this season he is a lazy individual, doesn't track back, seems too scared to tackle and when he does get the ball seems to do absolutely nothing with it and I can't understand why BR constantly plays him he is awful.
It's an unpopular opinion.

Arteta claiming we should have had someone sent off between the 40th and 45th minute?

The **** is Arteta on about??

Was that when Evans caught Lacazette on the achilles??

Any thoughts?

See if you can get a good trading position on Betfair. Otherwise cash out the top four & let the Vardy bet run. Profit locked in & still some excitement to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566