Post Match Arsenal 2 - 1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may read like an attack: if it does, please believe that it is my poor ability to mould the English language to my wishes:-

I say that I do not believe Nigel Pearson is the best man to lead our team and I am accused of not being a true supporter. You say that you do not care as to which division we are to play, and that's true support.... If you had said that you will still be behind the team, in whichever division they may find themselves, then I would be right behind you, but you didn't.

I want Leicester City to be the best team they possibly can and I do not see entertaining football and remaining in the Premier League as mutually exclusive options. Last night's result was impressive and whilst it was probably fair, I don't think that Arsenal could have complained were we to have taken a point: indeed, on a "lucky pants" day, we might have nicked it. Unfortunately, these performances are not what could have kept us in the top flight and that is where I believe we should be.

If, as NP claims in today's Guardian, the owners have never had any thought of dismissing him, then I am truly puzzled. We are now approaching the point where we become dead certs for relegation. Too many people remember last season's 103 points and not nine seasons of Championship mediocrity. The odds will be against our coming straight back. It does not matter how much I, or any of us, may wish that football was a sport untainted by business, it isn't and is unlikely to be so for the foreseeable future. Will the owners be happy to keep pay rolling an average team? What happens if they pull out? Do you fancy non league football? And yes, I too would still be supporting them were such a catastrophe to occur.

Very well said.

Nigel Pearson is the man who cost us at least 1 point tonight and possibly 3. Apart from 20 mins after they scored and before half-time we were rthe better side. We were let down by two mistakes, and only by 2 mistakes.

Nigel Pearson is to blame because he is quite possibly the only man on the planet who thinks that either of thses two players should be in the starting 11.

Wes Morgan has had over half a season to prove that he is not inept at this level and he has comprehensivel failed to do so. He has been responsible for numerous conceded goals.

In Mark Schwarzer we have a goalkeeper who has taken the place of a keeper in Ben Hamer who had proved in an albeit brief spell that he was at least competenat at this level. Schwarzer was to blame for a goal at Old Trafford, certainly did nothing to stop the Palace goal at the weekend, and was solely responsible for a goal this evenung.

If Mahrez and Kramaric to a lesser extent (I say lesser because he did score) had their shooting boots on they could have rescued something for us. But in spite of them missing decent/good chances we still would have got at least a point if Pearson had done the obvious thing and not played Morgan and Schwarzer.

I can't believe that I am saying this but would have almost (almost becaise I can never bring myself to fully want us to concede more) prefered if we had lost by 5 or 6 tonight. Had we done so all of this bullshit about, "the palayers are clearly working for Pearson", "nobody could get more out of these players than Nigel Pearson", "the players are clearly behind the manager" etc. would be put-to-bed and maybe, just maybe, he would be fired once and for all.

This is total bollocks. You're trying to fit the story to your brief. We played very well thanks to solid tactics from the manager in the midst of a complete shit storm. You can't hold Pearson responsible for individual errors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well said Chris! What a load of rubbish!

Nigel Pearsons blue and white army!

Last edited:
The performances against the top sides give me hope that a) we're good enough to compete at this level and b) NP is good enough to manage us at this level.

It's just a shame that we can't raise our game against the poorer teams in the league.

I can see us picking up a win at Everton, just a feeling.

Then we have no choice but to give Hull a beating, it could still run close but the players need to make sure they perform with the same desire against Hull that they did against Arsenal.

Given the situation there is no reason why they shouldn't.

The situation of our position in the league, would suggest yes.

Our performances against the bottom clubs to date would suggest another abject display.

Indeed,

I would hope the backdrop of our situation would be enough to put any thoughts of performing like chimps against the supposed lesser sides to the back of their minds.

I've just found the highlights online in very very high quality.

Kramaric's goal was superbly taken, and whilst I while initially critical of his attempt to chip, it was absolutely the right call. Only the execution was missing. With him and Mahrez we may actually win a few more games.

Koscielny's goal is a bloody embarrassment. Why can't we defend the simplest of goals?!

Depends what you want from supporting a team, I guess. Me? I want attacking football, effort and some skills - and I got that tonight. I can handle losing and relegation when the side performs with desire and to the best of their ability.

I'd never, ever hope for a humiliating result just to see that back of a manager with no replacement lined up...I just don't see the logic to it.

I didn't want Pea Son appointed, I don't think he's got a number of decisions correct this season - and he lost me totally on Saturday. But, and this is a huge but, he's leagues better than all bar two managers we've had since I started watching us in the 70s. If we play like this till the end of the season he's welcome to stay on in my book.

And I really don't give a **** about relegation. My finest season was travelling home and away in the third tier.

As I say, it's what you want from supporting a team I guess.

Although I was born in '89, I totally and utterly second this.

On the other hand, fortunately, he is excellent in the Championship.

Given some justified penalties and other assorted poor ref decisions in 2014 we'd be safely looking to next season. Oh, and bear in mind his decision making is better than yours ;)

1. we all know he is an excellent Championship manager.

2. No chance that be this stage of the season that our position is the result of bad reffing.

3. I should hope the **** that he knows better than me how to manage a football team

If you want a bit of insight, see todays Telegraph where Pearson is quoted on the situation, his situation and the fact that no replacement would wave a magic wand. All valid stuff. No one better is likely to be available at this time.

None of the above nergates in my view that his team selection this season has been poor.

Unlike a few othere, I engage with the post (not the poster) and in that spirit I have to say that you have written better posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why has no one mentioned what Walcott said about us after the game?

Apparently he said he can't believe we are bottom!

If you had said that you will still be behind the team, in whichever division they may find themselves, then I would be right behind you, but you didn't.

Sometimes things are implicit in the text and do not require expansion. You think that this season's relegation would drive me away? Pricing did that. If anything, the performances I've watched online have encouraged me to pick up a season ticket in May/whenever (seeing as there'll be a fair few seats free again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464