Pre Match Arsenal v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worth the protest IMO. There's clearly a valid point for it, but I don't see the point - if that makes any sense. Surely you're better off complaining in your droves to Sky by ambushing their mailsack and customer support emails if you feel that strongly about it? The start of the game could be crucial and to have little support in the ground, even for five minutes....

On the subject of the game, you'd expect Arsenal will attack. Got to say we'd have to be pretty damn chuffed to walk away with a point so the pressure is definitely on them more here. Worst case scenario, we lose and might end up with our lead at the top being cut to 2 points. For me this is similar to Man City, they are good in possession and have creative players but I think they are suspect defensively and if they get off to a bad start with it being a home game their fans could well be getting on their back which would play into our hands...

Not worth protesting if you've bought a ticket. If people didn't pay stupid money then they'd not be able to charge it. ****ing farce the whole thing really.

Not worth protesting if you've bought a ticket. If people didn't pay stupid money then they'd not be able to charge it. ****ing farce the whole thing really.

It's not about ticket prices. Especially seeing as Arsenal only charged us £26.

To someone of my age £26 seems to be a ridiculous amount to pay for a football match.

I remember paying £2.20 for a top of the table match between Everton and Manchester United in 1984. Adjusted for inflation, that's around £7 in today's money.

Couldn't you buy a house for £10 in those days?

It's about the kick off change. It is shit, but it's been going on for many years so can't see it changing. Liverpool fans got their way with regard to ticket pricing a few days or so ago (arguably at the cost of 2 points) but can't see anything happening in this instance... this is not about the club per se but about something many clubs have no doubt had to deal with. Sky obviously want to broadcast the most interesting match ups but you can't predict at the start of the season what those might be - our season is a great example this year.

Sky obviously want to broadcast the most interesting match ups but you can't predict at the start of the season what those might be - our season is a great example this year.

There's an easy way to fix the TV problem.

Televise all Premier League games - but don't play any at 3PM on Saturdays. Have the usual Saturday early and late games, and have the rest at 2PM and 4PM on Sunday. Sell TV season tickets so people can just watch their own team's games. Take the scheduling away from the TV companies. A lot of people will disagree with that, but I think that's the way things will end up going, and by having all matches televised there will be no need to change the schedule a few weeks ahead of a match.

There's an easy way to fix the TV problem.

Televise all Premier League games - but don't play any at 3PM on Saturdays. Have the usual Saturday early and late games, and have the rest at 2PM and 4PM on Sunday. Sell TV season tickets so people can just watch their own team's games. Take the scheduling away from the TV companies. A lot of people will disagree with that, but I think that's the way things will end up going, and by having all matches televised there will be no need to change the schedule a few weeks ahead of a match.

I get the idea about televising all matches - but why not have any at 3pm on Saturdays?

They've never been allowed to televise 3pm Saturday games because of the effect it could have on lower division attendances.

I think that's an out of date view from the powers that be, especially seeing as all games can be watched online anyway if you know how.

If I was a Wycombe wanderers fan and I went to the games, I would continue to go to the games regardless of whether Premier League games were all on sky at the same time.

I really hope our fans don't boycott the first 5 minutes, it is imperative that we support the boys from the 1st minute to the final minute, the support has been fantastic and something the players and management clearly recognise and appreciate. A boycott doesn't impact or affect Sky but it could have a negative impact on our team in arguably our biggest game of the season.

Boycott the boycott is my plea

I really hope our fans don't boycott the first 5 minutes, it is imperative that we support the boys from the 1st minute to the final minute, the support has been fantastic and something the players and management clearly recognise and appreciate. A boycott doesn't impact or affect Sky but it could have a negative impact on our team in arguably our biggest game of the season.

Boycott the boycott is my plea
I'm going and will be in my seat for the kick-off. This is the most extraordinary season I've witnessed ( and I've been going for longer than I care to remember ) and I don't want to miss any of what will be a nerve-shredding game. If Arsenal fans were planning to do the same en mass then fair enough, but they're not.

Me neither, **** that - this season.

I reckon a few seasons back most fans would have been happy to leave after five minutes.

Not. This. Season. By. Jove.

If we don't win and any of our fans boycott then they will be forever blamed for it, no matter what time Arsenal might score.
I hope they show more sense. Things are going so well and we have a real once in a 130 years chance of doing the impossible so please don't let's f*ck it up.

Good luck! :p I'm watching it in a pub in Portsmouth. Definitely shall be wearing my Leicester shirt!

Hi

We are in Portsmouth visiting our grandson at university. Which pub will you be in, as I have no clue about sports bars/pubs in Portsmouth?

I am going and will definitely not protest. I like this fans group for what they do with the displays etc. but they have got this wrong. They don't speak for all the fans.

As has been highlighted on here already, Sky have been moving games for years especially teams at the top. I do sympathise with people that lost money on trains etc. (My brother has lost 64 on a non refundable train ticket AND can't go as he's working on the Sunday. Double hit!)

But the game is too important and I don't want to miss a second. A banner protesting about the late change is enough.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If its a fan thing, I assume Cliff Ginetta is approving this? If not, how dare they move without his approval?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669