Ashes Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see 2 other batsmen getting some runs and time at the crease. Bell getting a hundred and Collingwood 80. Not long now!!

Bell is a slight doubt for the first test. Got hit on the hand in the nets, they think its just bruising but Joyce is on standby to start. What a baptism of fire that would be for Joyce!

I see the coverage starts on sky tomorrow at 6.30 pm or something daft, what time is play expected to start, anyone know? midnight?

I see the coverage starts on sky tomorrow at 6.30 pm or something daft, what time is play expected to start, anyone know? midnight?

Midnight...Wed night/Thursday Morning. Us commoners dont get highlights till Thursday 11.20pm, so in 40 mins time the second day starts.

The day is basically Midnight to 7am - so why dont the silly BBC get rid of Weakest Link and place the fecker at 6pm.

BBC runs on cocaine....

I'm gutted that the ashes are being shown on Sky and not Channel 4. Last summer, me and my dad both fell ill, and we hardly missed a minute of action.

I'm gutted that the ashes are being shown on Sky and not Channel 4. Last summer, me and my dad both fell ill, and we hardly missed a minute of action.

shut up ya moaning! :icon_wink

1 Day to go

OME England

My Sky Sports wont work on my old box and the new one isnt being installed til Friday, far from impressed :icon_sad:

I tend to agree. Shah on merit, Joyce on potential. But Key has played in Australia before and has a decent test record - and has actually played a few tests so experience would be useful.
Key has an awful test record considering he has a double century. I remember him being crap in the last ashes and shit against south africa. The only runs he has are against a very poor west indies attack on feather bed surfaces. Hes also had a very poor season for Kent and also has a long standing injury, I do like him but don't think hes test class.

Shah would struggle on the bouncy pitches of Australia, his technique isn't really suited to playing the short ball.

I like Joyce, I think he was the right choice and think he could step up to test level quite easily.

Noone else I can really think off who could come in. Perhaps Bopara, or even an oldie like Ramps or Butcher.

Channel 4 coverage is garbage.

Disagree. I thought it was excellent, and at the time far less annoying than the Willis-Allott-Botham drivel that Sky had.

At least when Sky got the tests they got rid of Allott and Willis and left them with the Pro40 :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Disagree. It was excellent, and at the time far less annoying than the Willis-Allott-Botham drivel that Sky had.

At least when Sky got the tests they got rid of Allott and Willis and left them with the Pro40 :icon_bigg
4 hasn't got Bumble

The only problem I had with Channel 4 was at the thrilling end of the Edgbaston test we had Slater - an Aussie, and Tony Greig - a pom gone native over there when I would have preferred somebody compeltely biased like Boycott and Athers!

Last edited:
Noone else I can really think off who could come in. Perhaps Bopara, or even an oldie like Ramps or Butcher.

Wouldn't have been the worst idea for a standby - Ashes record and all that. But he'd probably refuse now that he's doing well in Come Dancing
:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670