Ashes test, Lords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

England win the toss and bat.

Freddie plays, Monty dropped for Onions.

Currently 7 for 0.

129-0 @ lunch

All out for 200 by tea then :)

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong.

This match is due to be rain affected therefore the likely outcome is a draw.

Batting first in a match that is most probably going to be restricted in length, leaves you vulnerable to being out cheaply and then gives the other side the chance of winning.

If you bat first and get a big score it is even more likely to end in a draw.

Is this England’s tactics?

Last edited:

Batting first in a match that is most probably going to be restricted in length, leaves you vulnerable to being out cheaply and then gives the other side the chance of winning.

If you bat first and get a big score in a quick time then you give yourself a chance of winning :icon_wink

If theres rain and cloud cover about, it could help the bowlers. A good score today will put England in a good position.

255 - 2, Strauss has made his 100.

303-4

KP, Bopara and Collingwood all giving their wickets away, again!!

At least Prior got a half decent ball, the others were embarassing.

We need these two to stay in until tomorrow now, even if we just shut up shop.

Hauritz could be out for 6 weeks according to radio reports

Pieterson and Bopara don't seem inclined to take any notice of their errors and presumably are not minded to take too seriously nice guys like Strauss and Flowers.

Pieterson is likely to get away with it unless he throws all his toys out of the pram - but Bopara is likely to get the chop by the end of the Third Test unless he mends his way prompto.

Flintoff is now just a bowler who tries to delude himself and others that he is still a "batting all rounder" !

We scored 364 in a day so I'm not too unhappy, although it could and probably should have been a lot better, especially after that start.

I'd be happy with 450, Its always a decent amount of runs. Lords seems to be doing a bit more than Cardiff and we have four quicks so I'm confident we won't be conceding 670 again

Bopara at 3 is a bit of a liability. Hes too cavalier and gifts too many oppurtunities to the opposition. He had a lot of luck on his side at times against the WI. I'd stick with him for the next test at least, but in the long run he might want to tighten up his technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566