Ashes test, Lords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given caught out, which was the wrong decision.

However, there was also an appeal for LBW that wasnt given, but was out.

So the umpires have got it wrong, but got it right. If that makes sense :)

Strange stuff.

The umpires asksthe 3rd umpire if it had carried - he says yes but doesn't tell them that it happened to be off the pad.

Hawkeye idicates that it would have hit leg stump - so it was probably out anyway although this test group of umpires seem to need a ball to be hitting half way up middle stump before they usually give an LBW.

Strange stuff.

The umpires asksthe 3rd umpire if it had carried - he says yes but doesn't tell them that it happened to be off the pad.

Hawkeye idicates that it would have hit leg stump - so it was probably out anyway although this test group of umpires seem to need a ball to be hitting half way up middle stump before they usually give an LBW.

By referring it to the 3rd umpire the umpires had indicated they thought it had hit the bat, so the 3rd umpire can only judge whether it carried or not.

It is both the Aussies and England fault for any poor decisions. They had the opportunity to use the referal system and I think both turned it down

By referring it to the 3rd umpire the umpires had indicated they thought it had hit the bat, so the 3rd umpire can only judge whether it carried or not.

It is both the Aussies and England fault for any poor decisions. They had the opportunity to use the referal system and I think both turned it down

The referal system is a steaming pile of shite thats why. It wouldnt have hepled in that scenario due to the restriction.

Gone off for rain now.

Steve Harmison took 5 wkts for Durham this morning.

Get him in :mad: ,Onions FFS.....................

Last edited:
back on at 14:40

Steve Harmison took 5 wkts for Durham this morning.

Get him in :mad: ,Onions FFS.....................

Who gives a shit, he hasnt done it for England for a couple of years and a couple of fifers against average batsmen shouldnt see him jump straight back into the team.

Onions has done well for the England and deserves a chance, he hasnt even bowled yet in this innings :icon_roll

Yes -I do realise all that.

But, I think this illustrates how the use of technology/ referrals by the umpires to the third umpire and the referrals opportunities of players (which worked badly when operated) all needs sorting out.

One of the issues is the state of the existing technology - e.g. if Hawkeye was the arbiter, re LBW decisions, then we wouldn't need four let alone five days for many test matches. I'm in favour of the traditional position of batters always being given the benefit of doubt - by the umpires on the pitch - with possibly the use of technology for run out appeals.

katich gone just as the partnership was looking dangerous, good time to break it IMO.

111-5, Onions not the bowler...............

In tests this year

Onions has taken 11 wickets in 3 matches

Harmison has taken 4 wickets in 2 matches

says it all really :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687