Pre Match Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
When/if Sturridge and Welbeck are fit he won't get a look in for the England team.

As much as I'd like that to be true, he'll probably be in the team. Rooney will slowly move backwards (in his team position and the likelihood of his starting place), Welbeck is overrated IMO. Vardy will probably lose his place unless he scores at least 25 this season and 20+ the next....

Even if Vards doesn't score anything from now until the end of the season, he must be in the England team. He is in the peak of his career, and has scored at least 15 goals in the PL, along with numerous assists, penalties won, important passes and play, distracting defenders to give others space etc. He, IMO, is one of the first names in the squad. Surely Roy Odgson would agree.

If he doesn't score again between now and the end of the season he won't deserve to be in our team, let alone the England team

Let's not overhype the bloke, like everyone does with that complete and utter bastard 'arry Golden Tits Kane

Why the hatred for Kane. Yeah, he was crap here (on the left wing) but he's a bloody good centre forward. It isn't his fault he's ugly.

I'll be very happy with him up front for England in the summer. It's a shame Hodgson won't try a Kane-Vardy partnership because I think it could be very good.

Anyway - unless I missed that AV have bought Harry Kane in the transfer window - back to the match- - - -

Why the hatred for Kane. Yeah, he was crap here (on the left wing) but he's a bloody good centre forward. It isn't his fault he's ugly.

I loathe people who judge others based on superficial and irrelevant factors. It is lame and feeble minded.

And I still fecking hate Harry Kane.

I worry we may lose every match; I'm worse than Mark Lawrenson. So it's probably not a good thing that I think we'll win this one.

Some simpletons in the comments have taken it very seriously

In any normal season, all the signs would be we'd lose this. Amazing away win at Spurs, we came from behind to beat them earlier this season, they're rock bottom with no realistic hope of recovery (no comparison to us this time last year) and it's a derby - so old Leicester would blow it.

But this is not a normal season... we're going to crush them. 3 up at half time, will win with a clean sheet.

Hoe defensive do you think we will start this game.

I want to see us go out and try and to take them to bits, they are shit and i'll be a bit disappointed if we allow them to dominate from the off.

Get into them early and really put them under pressure in front of the home fans.

I want to see us go out and try and to take them to bits, they are shit and i'll be a bit disappointed if we allow them to dominate from the off.

Get into them early and really put them under pressure in front of the home fans.
By the way Lako, is Cambiasso's old room still up for grabs?

They are bad but their tails will be up after their midweek win and they will want to come out positively. Let them; their attacking options shouldn't pose us too many issues if our defenders continue as they have been. They'll leave space in behind for Mahrez and Vardy to exploit and they don't look good enough to cope with them to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669