Pre Match Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

Well, here we go again. On the back of our tremendous win against Spurs we now face the leagues basement club - Aston Villa.

Villa looked dead and buried a week ago and although the outlook is bleak, a home win on Tuesday against Palace has at least 'forced' them to beat Derby's pathetic low seasons points tally of 8 - it's hard to imagine any team getting less than that. :D

So, this is a Sky Sports live televised game kicking off at 5:30pm, an odd time for a footy match I think.

Our record against Villa:

Overall
Games won: 41
Games drawn: 23
Games lost: 33

Last 10
Games won: 3
Games drawn: 1
Games lost: 6

I have to admit being a little surprised at our last 10 results against Villa - I thought we were stronger against them. Over the last 6 games honours are even at three wins a piece.

This looks like a good opportunity to get 3 points but I don't like to count my chickens...

...43 points at the time of writing - 2 more than we finished last season with - an unbelievable turn-around.

What do we all think for this game?

Its difficult to keep grounded especially after last nights result. The squad/team must remain calm and focussed and send this lot packing. I think we will stay strong, keep the same formation/team selection and win this 0-2 Vardy and Gray

These are absolute shite. Double figures and no less please.

3-1 Leicester. Claridge, Parker (pen), Izzet.

A bit more interesting since they remembered how to win a game of football last time out.

They will have added incentive after what we did to them at our place and they are at home.

0-2 Gray and Vardy

First chance to do the double on a team. They'll have their tails up though. Early goal would go down a reeeet treat.

Bring your Thermals for this one. Going to be -4 in Birmingham on Saturday night.

So we can be top by Saturday evening and still there Sunday evening if Stoke can play the Leicester 'long ball, kick and rush, dirty tactics' that Spurs could not deal with.

I'd like to see Gray come in for Albrighton as I think he hasn't been so effective in recent games. I think Gray could offer a bit more attacking threat. That said, Albrighton should definitely start here against his former club. Will have that bit extra motivation to prove they were wrong to let him go.

Again if we can come away with something from them game in an away game then you've got to be fairly happy. Could be a good game for our counter attacking threat. Villa are at home and need the wins....

They are complete and utter shite. Truly an awful, dreadful team

3-0 away win, at least

Their confidence should be high, except that this a much better team from the one that beat them last time out. We still score goals but now our defence is a much stronger one. This could be the game where we put down a high scoring marker that we are here at the top and we are not going quietly into the night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670