Barnsley - Saturday 19th April 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off: 3pm

Tickets:

We have received an initial allocation of 3004 tickets for this fixture.

Edit: As of Monday 14th April the club received a further allocation of 3000 tickets. Total allocation now 6000

£20 Adults
£12 Seniors and Under 18's
£6 Under 11's (Must be purchased with an adult ticket)

Mon 7th April - STH Priority 1
Tues 8th April - STH Priority 2
Weds 9th April - STH Priority 3
Thurs 10th April - Members
Friday 11th April - General Sale

Fox Travel:

Fox travel coaches will depart at 11.30am.

£12 Adult STH
£10 Concession STH
£13 Adults NON STH
£11 Concession NON STH

Directions & Parking:

80 Miles - Approx 1 Hour 30 Mins

M1 north to J37, take the A628 towards Barnsley. The ground is well signposted as you approach Barnsley.

There is a fairly big car park at the ground, otherwise street parking is available.

Trains:

A saver return is £25.40, but just like our visit to Sheffield last week, you would be a fool to purchase this ticket.

As this journey involves a change at Sheffield, I recommend you purchase the following tickets:

Purchase a CDR from Leicester to Derby (£8) and a CDR from Derby to Sheffield (£8.20) - You will not need to get off at Derby as the Sheffield train calls there. Just show the conductor both tickets when they are checked.

If you are travelling in a group of 3 or 4, it is possible to group save on the above journey. 3 or 4 can travel for the price of 2. For 3 travelling together it would cost £10.80 each. For 4 travelling together it would cost £8.10 each.

You will also need to buy a CDR from Sheffield to Barnsley (£3.50). This can be purchased at Leicester station when you buy your other tickets. Unfortunately you can not group save on the Sheffield to Barnsley leg of the journey.

Cost (each) for 1 or 2 Adults = £19.70 (saving of £5.70)
Cost (each) for 3 Adults = £14.30 (saving of £11.10)
Cost (each) for 4 Adults = £11.60 (saving of £13.80)

Trains from Leicester to Sheffield are at approx 35 minutes past the hour, and the journey is just over 1 hour. Trains from Sheffield to Barnsley are approx every 20 minutes, and the journey time is just over 20 minutes.

Full timetable details can be found here

The train station is a 10 minute walk from the ground. As you leave the station walk to the end of the road where the level crossing is. Turn left and walk under the bridge, take the left slip road and then the first right. The ground will be in front of you.

Pubs:

At the level crossing, if you turn right (away from the ground) and walk up the small hill you will come across a selection of bars. I personally recommend The Gatehouse on Eldon Street.

Last edited:
No student tickets - disappointing.

I would hope we will actually get a decent following for this. Its these games where we need Milan to put on free coaches etc to really get the best possible atmosphere.

I think I'm correct in saying that you can take up to 5000 to Barnsley as its all in one stand?

do the ticket office sell train tickets?
the reason i ask is that someone has told me a friend of theirs got tickets for the train to Sheffield last week from the ticket office, this is not something i was aware of

do the ticket office sell train tickets?
the reason i ask is that someone has told me a friend of theirs got tickets for the train to Sheffield last week from the ticket office, this is not something i was aware of

No they don't, it was just that they had apparently overbooked Fox Travel coaches and handed out train tickets to those without coach spaces.

Please remember if any of you guys/gals decide to travel together on the train, then don't foregt the group save option as outlined in Post 1 !!!

Which TBers will be in attendance?

I am 50/50.

Thinking about it, depends on tomorrow.

Was great atmosphere last year, Barnsley were OK about us winning as Leeds were down! Might be a bit different this year though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570