Barnsley - Saturday 19th April 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got straight out last year

The trick is to completely ignore the blokes shepherding you into a shitty spot at the back, and just go and park right near the exit in front of all the other cars

Then put on a really bad limp when you get out, and point to your leg when they all start moaning at you

Aha Jim Lad!
That's what I thought, if you get stuck in the shitty spot, it'll take an age to get out.
I'm not in RADA, so might have to look for some street parking..

Can't miss this one for anything. Bit like Durham really, didn't want to spend the cash as I see it as a waste at the moment but felt compelled that I had to get a ticket.

Just to let you know my record so far this season. Been to 7 and-a-half matches so far this season, and in those games City have collected a grand total of 1 point and have failed to score!

Shall I take my ticket back now? :biggrin:

God thats dreadful:icon_eek:

I'll be on coach 6, with the copious amount of booze, to calm my nerves.

Who else is going?

If i was you i would think again about taking Booze on Fox Travel :018: as they do ask you when you get on the coaches to make sure there is no alcohol on board. There is also reguarly police checks at Service Stations as you approach the away ground.

I am going but getting the train from Leamington.

Last edited:
Those extra 3,000 tickets are beginning to look a bit of an embarrasment.

Only 2,500 tickets sold by 4pm this afternoon when I was booking mine.

Just spoke to ticket office as i want another ticket ,got 40 left of original 3,000.There not getting the next 3,000till later this morning.

I think that we will sell nearer 5,000 not 6,000.

we only sold that many last time because of the free travel. Should be a good day looking forward to it, hopefully the stewards will be a bit nicer than the last visit to south yorks

Can one of the train fares experts please see if they can find a cheaper way for me to get to Barnsley, and to the home game the following week.

I can do both journeys for a total of around £87, but I don't really want to spend that much unless it's the only option.

I don't want to use any replacement buses (the last time I did that the bus from Preston to Carlisle took three hours), so it would mean returning via Newcastle for both matches.

Can one of the train fares experts please see if they can find a cheaper way for me to get to Barnsley, and to the home game the following week.

I can do both journeys for a total of around £87, but I don't really want to spend that much unless it's the only option.

I don't want to use any replacement buses (the last time I did that the bus from Preston to Carlisle took three hours), so it would mean returning via Newcastle for both matches.
From FT...

For all you grown-ups out there, the train fares to go for are walk-up fares, all bought on the day at Leicester :-

Leicester-Derby Cheap Day Return. £8.00
Derby-Sheffield Cheap Day Return. £8.20
Sheffield-Barnsley Cheap Day Return. £3.50

(The advertised Leicester-Barnsley Saver Return is £25.40)

NOTE : If you're going with mates, for the first two legs you can get a group ticket, 3 for the price of 2, or 4 for the price of 2.
So, if there are four going its going to cost you £11.60. (if my maths is ok).

And if you're really on a tight budget, try and get a Duo ticket from Northern Rail for the Sheffield-Barnsley leg (buy one, get the other half-price).

The train info for people travelling from Leicester is at the start of this thread.

But I'm not going from Leicester. The location "Carlisle" under my avatar may be a clue, and the fact that I talked about going via Newcastle. :icon_roll

Alright, sorry. Didn't look at your avatar and that last bit didn't register. :icon_roll

From FT...

For all you grown-ups out there, the train fares to go for are walk-up fares, all bought on the day at Leicester :-

Leicester-Derby Cheap Day Return. £8.00
Derby-Sheffield Cheap Day Return. £8.20
Sheffield-Barnsley Cheap Day Return. £3.50

(The advertised Leicester-Barnsley Saver Return is £25.40)

NOTE : If you're going with mates, for the first two legs you can get a group ticket, 3 for the price of 2, or 4 for the price of 2.
So, if there are four going its going to cost you £11.60. (if my maths is ok).

All of this information was provided by Nottingham in the original post of this thread.

Jeff, ive just spent half hour exploring all sorts of options, and I can find the fares you've found, but nothing any cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669