Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree PD is past it, but perhaps NP or even RS know of reasons why PD should be about the team. AC is a prospect we hope, alongside RS and MW, however for my money we have demonstrated that we can do good things in this league, and should SH and MF get injured then perhaps unless AC, PD or AN other can step up then we are short.

I agree PD is past it, but perhaps NP or even RS know of reasons why PD should be about the team. AC is a prospect we hope, alongside RS and MW, however for my money we have demonstrated that we can do good things in this league, and should SH and MF get injured then perhaps unless AC, PD or AN other can step up then we are short.

:017:

As for Hume, I won't be applauding him - and I won't boo him either. I feel as indifferent to him as I do to much of the dross we've had in the team over the past few weeks. Don't see why he deserves any sort of reaction. He was vastly over-rated when he played for us. The amount of people jizzing in their pants when he got the ball was frightening.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME!:icon_roll

could not agree more do one hume with your snaped skull you left for a crap team just for the cash,way over rated and the people who sing huuuummmmme are the same muppets who shout whhoooooo when the visitors make a sub! like our players are famous or something! i wont boo hume but watch him jump ship when barnsley get relegated!!

As for Hume, I won't be applauding him - and I won't boo him either. I feel as indifferent to him as I do to much of the dross we've had in the team over the past few weeks. Don't see why he deserves any sort of reaction. He was vastly over-rated when he played for us. The amount of people jizzing in their pants when he got the ball was frightening.

I agree, but surely mean years? I'm quite happy with the team of the last few weeks.

He always gave absolutely everything for City and while he didn't always come up with the goods, in the end he deserved more than to go down with our sinking ship. I for one will cheer him when he comes back - he put in a damn sight more effort than some of our players in the relegation season and I'm happy to see him playing again after such a nasty injury.

EDIT: Having said that, I hope we absolutely stuff them and he doesn't get a sniff!

Last edited:
Not necc what i will pick, but what i think NP will pick

Weale

Nielsen Hobbs Brown Berner

Oakley Wellens King Dyer

Fryatt N'Geeeeeeessan

Subs: Morrisson, Cormorant, Dickov, Oneil, Logan, Gradel, Adams

(Adams deserves the start, I'd put king on the bench)

Funny how nobody is even contemplating playing Dickov.......

Sorry but how is/was it his fault he was over rated or liked by fans i for one could not give a toss that we sold him but i have nothing against him as a person!!!

could not agree more do one hume with your snaped skull you left for a crap team just for the cash,way over rated and the people who sing huuuummmmme are the same muppets who shout whhoooooo when the visitors make a sub! like our players are famous or something! i wont boo hume but watch him jump ship when barnsley get relegated!!

That is the biggest pile of shit i have ever read the man could of died ffs!!!

That is the biggest pile of shit i have ever read the man could of died ffs!!!

I may agree with your statement above, but I have to say that Hume was over-rated by the fans based on the perceived effort he put in rather than his effectiveness or end results.

I don't think he would get into our current side.

I may agree with your statement above, but I have to say that Hume was over-rated by the fans based on the perceived effort he put in rather than his effectiveness or end results.

I don't think he was completely overrated - he was our top scorer for two shit seasons and he always put the effort in. I think the only reason he got cheered so much is because there was sod all else to cheer about.

I would agree with that but that is no reason to hate him he always tried and unfortunately not every player is gifted we should blame the manager who picked him week in week out not the player.
Dont get me wrong i am not one of the fans who shouted huuuuummmeee every time he touched the ball or shot in to row z but i do think we as fans have this thing about hating every player that gets sold. And for a fan to say "do one hume wuth your snapped skull" IMO is disgusting!

I always liked Hume, I just don't think we ever used him in the correct way. Regardless he always gave 110%. He was never an out and out striker, a winger or a midfielder, he was always at his most effective as a go-between the midfield and forwards and I don't remember him ever being used in that way by Leicester City.

Don't forget Hollowhead contantly played him out of position, he was good when he was playing up front, but useless on the wing.

I seem to remember for the relegation season, he kept playing Hume on the wing where he did bugger all, then put him up front for a couple of games towards the end of the season, and he scored in every game he played up front in that spell, then Hollowhead's masterstroke was to put him back on the wing for the Stoke game :icon_roll

Last edited:
I would agree with that but that is no reason to hate him he always tried and unfortunately not every player is gifted we should blame the manager who picked him week in week out not the player.
Dont get me wrong i am not one of the fans who shouted huuuuummmeee every time he touched the ball or shot in to row z but i do think we as fans have this thing about hating every player that gets sold. And for a fan to say "do one hume wuth your snapped skull" IMO is disgusting!

I actually wish him well (unless he is playing us), as I don't hate him by any means, but do think he was over-rated. I think he get's bad press because certain fans became really frustrated that he could do no wrong in some people's eyes, when he was quite an ordinary Championship player that always put in maximum effort.

Hopefully a comfortable win however I doubt it will be knowing Leicester, personally I cam see it being a draw as Davey is under fire badly and needs points so the players will play for him and save his job. I will go for a 2-2 draw with Fryatt and Hobbs getting the goals for us.

I honestly can't see them scoring - certainly not two goals. I think this will be a reasonably comfortable win for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669