Confirmed Transfer Ben Marshall to Blackburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

FryattFox

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/280813-marshall-joins-blackburn-1020707.aspx

Leicester City have today (Wednesday) reached an agreement with Blackburn Rovers for the transfer of Ben Marshall.
The 21-year-old forward joins the Lancashire club for an undisclosed fee and has agreed a four-year contract at Ewood Park.
Marshall joined the Foxes from Stoke City in January 2012 and made 61 appearances in all competitions for Nigel Pearson's side, scoring on nine occasions. He most recently featured as a late substitute in the 3-2 win at Nottingham Forest on the final day of the 2012/13 league season.
The Club would like to thank Ben for his efforts during his time in a Leicester City shirt and wish him well in his future career.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/280813-marshall-joins-blackburn-1020707.aspx#JiYY4h6q3m8uPljM.99

A transfer fee and wages saved on a player who was not in the matchday squad seems like good business for the club.

Seems to have stagnated, whether that's down to Nigel's management or the player's attitude will I guess be proven by his performances for Blackburn. He's still young and could obviously become a good player. Good business for us given his and our current situation, I suppose we all have some fond memories of him and I for one wish him all the best.

61 appearances!
Thought more like 16
For me, he was one of last season's biggest disappointments.
Recent displays tell me there was no improvement.
Next?

I agree that he was pretty poor whenever he played for us last season, but I also guess that NP would have liked to have kept him to see if his form could be improved. This one is probably down to FFP more than anything else.

Last edited:
Massive shame and sold for personal reasons as opposed to ability or even finances imo and really surprised that people are happy with this.

Least it should be some easy money for Marshall to score at the King Power this season though.

Last edited:
We need two more defenders in and a ball winner. Not another bit part winger
If danns and gallagher go, ee cam get them in and ffp will jave helped is balance our squad...

I really do not see anything good in this transfer. Marshall was young, talented and a NP signing.

Regardless of whether he has played well in the last few games, I do not see the sale of players with real potential as positive and, believe it or not, I am actually quite glad that Nigel Pearson is our manager whilst we are in an impecunious state: this is the sort of situation to which he is best suited. I really hope that he has been party to the sale. His taking umbrage and walking now, would be very bad news (and no, I have not changed my mind, I still do not like him, I simply recognise his current usefulness!)

Massive shame and sold for personal reasons as opposed to ability or even finances imo and really surprised that people are happy with this.

Least it should be some easy money for Marshall to score at the King Power this season though.

What personal reasons would they be?

I really do not see anything good in this transfer. Marshall was young, talented and a NP signing.

Regardless of whether he has played well in the last few games, I do not see the sale of players with real potential as positive and, believe it or not, I am actually quite glad that Nigel Pearson is our manager whilst we are in an impecunious state: this is the sort of situation to which he is best suited. I really hope that he has been party to the sale. His taking umbrage and walking now, would be very bad news (and no, I have not changed my mind, I still do not like him, I simply recognise his current usefulness!)

He hasn't played the last few games.

The sale of the player in itself isn't positive (young/potential/owns a car/etc), but if it helps balance the books and/or maintain our core playing squad then it isn't bad.

Basically. FFP means we cant stock pile players who are decent but get nowhere near the 16 on a regular basis. If him going leaves us with dyer knockaert schlupp and wingbacks to play wide BUT allows us to solve problems elsewhere in the squad (left back, holding mid, centre back) within budget then Its a great thing. Granted danns and gallagher are older and potentially should have gone first. But I feel if hes our highest value most expendable asset then hes the man who needed to go. I DO expect to see 2 signings before deadline day now though or I'll be puzzled.

Agreed. 13 goals in 5 games is good, isn't it.

I'm really pleased with our start to the season but you've got to admit we haven't looked anywhere near as creative as when we at our peak last season or really at the standard we want to be but we are getting the results so can't complain too much though.

The only times we have looked good this season are when we have introduced wide players so I really don't see selling our only right sided wide man as a particularly good move unless he his replaced. It currently leaves us with 3 wide players, 2 of which aren't really wide players.

Oh and stats are easy to sway. 6 in 4 where it matters makes it sound a bit different.

Last edited:
What personal reasons would they be?

I don't know exactly but it is my opinion.

Everyone else keeps banging on about it being good for the finances when no one really knows how much it will have saved us or how far or close we are to FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566