Confirmed Transfer Ben Marshall to Blackburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
M17TT C and Marshall sitting in a tree, k I s s I n g.

Get over it, he's gone, we can't afford the current squad and half the players we want to go are almost impossible to move on.

M17TT C and Marshall sitting in a tree, k I s s I n g.

Get over it, he's gone, we can't afford the current squad and half the players we want to go are almost impossible to move on.

And it is my opinion that getting rid of players like Marshall will make a measly contribution towards reaching our target of FFP so do not believe that is the reason. May as well just create a thread and lock it straight away if we are unable to discuss the move.

If we cannot get rid of the likes of Danns, Gally, Konchesky etc that you refer to, then the likes of Kasper, Nuge, King and any other likely big earner that's a regular starter will be on their way in the next few days if we are so far away from reaching FFP.

Last edited:
The reported £1M looks like good money and quite honestly he was never the same player after he was asked to track back and play a different role. Hugely talented but limited in other areas and will probably go the way of players like Gallagher who just aren't suited to Championship football these days.

Nice to provide some accurate facts.

What facts do you need?!

He was on a salary. Fact.
Our costs are too high. Fact.
We need to get rid of players to aim to comply with FFP. Fact.
He isn't presently in the first XI. Fact.
He may turn out to be a great player. [tbc]

Like "personal reasons"?

Haha, that was my point about 10 posts back.

He did look completely uninterested and unhappy last year though. Whether that is down to the lad himself or him thinking Pearson is a **** no one knows but it did seem he wasn't happy here for whatever reason.

Last edited:
What facts do you need?!

He was on a salary. Fact.
Our costs are too high. Fact.
We need to get rid of players to aim to comply with FFP. Fact.
He isn't presently in the first XI. Fact.
He may turn out to be a great player. [tbc]

Pretty much pointless 'facts' though and more like speculation.

This is just going round in circles though so I'm off to put up a picture of Marshall alongside Max Gradel and Matty Fryatt in my shrine, have some time out and remember the good times. :icon_sad:

What personal reasons would they be?.

I don't know exactly

Do you want to tell us approximately then?

In truth I think it's obvious what has happened to Ben Marshall. You only have to look at his initials to realise what it is. Who else do we know with the initials BM? Yes - BM - Ben Marshall - has been far too busy dreaming up the new Prediction League over the past several months. His pre-season training was ruined by the effort he has put into compiling the various rankings lists and designing the engine that keeps the whole competition running smoothly. He'll never be the player he was before he took on this huge responsibility and Blackburn are welcome to him.

Well that and the constant sniping from spion about him driving a Bentley. People have got to realise that the players are on here, reading our every word.

Pretty much pointless 'facts' though and more like speculation.

This is just going round in circles though so I'm off to put up a picture of Marshall alongside Max Gradel and Matty Fryatt in my shrine, have some time out and remember the good times. :icon_sad:
Poor lad! I can think of a few far better "legends" from other eras that you must be too young for.

He's been complete and utter wank for twelve months

Yeah, massive loss

He's been complete and utter wank for twelve months

Yeah, massive loss

Its not his fault, the nasty manager and fans complaining about his car have destroyed his confidence and ability.

Blackburn will massage his ego and force him to drive an old Toyota minicab and he'll become the new Christiano Ronaldo.

Dont see the point of selling young England U21 players such aas him or Waggy when we have the likes of Gally/Danns on our books

Dont see the point of selling young England U21 players such aas him or Waggy when we have the likes of Gally/Danns on our books

****s. Good point.

We should have sold Gallagher to Blackburn for £1m.

I bet he gets paid more too.

Its not his fault, the nasty manager and fans complaining about his car have destroyed his confidence and ability.

Blackburn will massage his ego and force him to drive an old Toyota minicab and he'll become the new Christiano Ronaldo.

I'd prefer a lada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670