Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshall:

"hadn't been playing as much as I had hoped to"

"knew from the end of last season I wasn't wanted"

"manager didn't want me to play so not much I could do"

"not left on any bad terms, just one of those things"

Was asked about our start and asked the mood must be good at LCFC:

"good start for LCFC, mood in camp is OK but a few there who don't want to be there"

"good squad so they will do well"

Interviewed by Radio Lancs.

:038:

Didn't catch the interview.

Clearly wouldn't have said any of this if he had been speaking to Radio Leicester.

marshall had a few great moments, but ultimately he didn't affect the game enough, wasn't quick, couldn't beat his man, offered nothing defensively. looked to have great potential when he signed, turned out to be a slightly better version of paul gallagher.

also didn't really carve out a position for himself, was ineffectual at right midfield.

when he came on away at barnsley last season he was a joke, he was waddling around like he'd shat himself, sauntering over to take corners when we were two down in a game we desperately needed a result from. i actually assumed he was injured, but turns out he wasn't. also had a pop at a fan during the game. if that performance was an indication of his over-all attitude, then i'm delighted we've managed to move him on full-stop, let alone for £1m.

just hope we can reinvest some of the money, not holding my breath though
You are right, especially regarding the Barnsley game. He was wandering around as if the game was beneath him.

I really do not see anything good in this transfer. Marshall was young, talented and a NP signing.

Regardless of whether he has played well in the last few games, I do not see the sale of players with real potential as positive and, believe it or not, I am actually quite glad that Nigel Pearson is our manager whilst we are in an impecunious state: this is the sort of situation to which he is best suited. I really hope that he has been party to the sale. His taking umbrage and walking now, would be very bad news (and no, I have not changed my mind, I still do not like him, I simply recognise his current usefulness!)

my thoughts also, not sure why people are happy about this.

marshall is also the sort of player who can come of the bench if we desperate for a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566