Best in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
I think it is clear, if it isn't i will re-phrase to save this problem:

If the police officer did not warn the guy then he should be dealt with appropriately.

What possible difference does it make?

Even if the cop did 'warn' him, the police still have to abide by exactly the same laws as everybody else. He had no right to assault him, end of story.

If you find yourself in front of the beak charged with assault yourself, I really wouldn't advise using "Well I did warn him before I hit him" as the basis for your defence.

Boy Genius

Banned
All coppers are ****s, the old saying is if you come across a good one kill the ****er because he will turn bad.

And for the record, why do they keep Harry Roberts in jail, is it for the fact he killed a couple of OB? Other murderers would have been let out by now.

That copper on the video should be arrested and dealt with. I wish death on the ****!

Macky

Gruntled Member
All coppers are ****s, the old saying is if you come across a good one kill the ****er because he will turn bad.

And for the record, why do they keep Harry Roberts in jail, is it for the fact he killed a couple of OB? Other murderers would have been let out by now.

That copper on the video should be arrested and dealt with. I wish death on the ****!

That's the trouble with you BG, you never say what you mean

Boy Genius

Banned
That's the trouble with you BG, you never say what you mean

You know Macky, I get fed up with listening to tossers backing the OB up, saying they do a good job etc etc etc.
The truth is they don't do a good job, and when they step out of line they want to be above the law.
You only have to go to a football match and see how they treat the fans, it's a disgrace,

Matt_B

You know Macky, I get fed up with listening to tossers backing the OB up, saying they do a good job etc etc etc.
The truth is they don't do a good job, and when they step out of line they want to be above the law.
You only have to go to a football match and see how they treat the fans, it's a disgrace,

Independant of this case, I have had several dealings with police on both sides and each one has been professional and "human". I realise other people may have had different experiences, but I don't believe that all or even the majority of the coppers are bad.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Independant of this case, I have had several dealings with police on both sides and each one has been professional and "human". I realise other people may have had different experiences, but I don't believe that all or even the majority of the coppers are bad.

You're absolutely right Matt. I've experienced both sides of the coin, the complete ****s and the decent cops.
Unfortunately, it's the actions of ****s like this that gives the law a bad name and reinforces the view "all coppers are bastards" that a lot of people hold.
Thuggery in a uniform is still thuggery, whatever way you try to dress it up and, IMO, if you accept or defend these kind of actions because it's a cop, then you're part of the problem.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I had read that this bloke was a Millwall fan. What I didn't realise was that he had a Millwall shirt on at the time. I wonder what effect that might have had on the behaviour of the copper involved. I wonder how much it might change people's thoughts on the degree of provocation that might have been involved.

camberwell fox

I had read that this bloke was a Millwall fan. What I didn't realise was that he had a Millwall shirt on at the time. I wonder what effect that might have had on the behaviour of the copper involved. I wonder how much it might change people's thoughts on the degree of provocation that might have been involved.

Ooooooh you pig loving controversial bitch.....

Yorkshire Vixen

im sorry but that women got what she deserved imo, she moved towards the policemen 3 times and didnt take any notice of him when waving her back

Motown Fox

I couldn't tell what she was saying . So unless she was saying "kill the pigs" or whatever similar you may consider a threat I can not see how the copper can justify either wacking over the face in the first place or getting his batton out and hitting her with it.

He was another officer of the law who had no identifying badge on and I'm sure he could have just confronted the woman without resorting to violence. He could have warned her with batton in hand if he thought necessary and if she persisted or became a threat carry out the threat

FIF

I couldn't tell what she was saying . So unless she was saying "kill the pigs" or whatever similar you may consider a threat I can not see how the copper can justify either wacking over the face in the first place or getting his batton out and hitting her with it.

He was another officer of the law who had no identifying badge on and I'm sure he could have just confronted the woman without resorting to violence. He could have warned her with batton in hand if he thought necessary and if she persisted or became a threat carry out the threat

I think you're underestimating the intimidation the police are under. There are so many people there looking for a reason to confront the police. You could hear clearly what the woman said. She shouldn't have been saying those things or even confronting the cop.

Yorkshire Vixen

I think you're underestimating the intimidation the police are under. There are so many people there looking for a reason to confront the police. You could hear clearly what the woman said. She shouldn't have been saying those things or even confronting the cop.

i agree not that i know what she said but she shouldve moved away the 1st time the police motioned her to move, to me she was antagonising the police

FIF

i agree not that i know what she said but she shouldve moved away the 1st time the police motioned her to move, to me she was antagonising the police

I agree with you YV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670