Best in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I would not, but I also would not expect the police to smash them in the face if they did. Smashing someone in the head with a baton is not a reasonable way to react to a hideous crime such as swearing at someone.

If you think it is then I feel sorry for you and anyone who learns from your example.

I would also like to say that despite this disagreement I have actually agreed with many of your previous posts on this forum, now feck off before I cry.

:icon_lol:

I don't think I said that I agreed with hitting the woman with a baton, I just don't get the general police hate and I see mitigating cirumstances.

:icon_lol:

I don't think I said that I agreed with hitting the woman with a baton, I just don't get the general police hate and I see mitigating cirumstances.

Yes you did, I heard you, you love giving gobby women a good thrashing with your baton.

Whereas you do it to gobby men, you dirty little fecker

We can both fall asleep afterwards with no bitchy comments, it's lovely.

The police are there to do a job, and as part of the job they are likely to find themselves in situations where people will abuse them. Someone who reacts with violence to that shouldn't be doing a job where they are likely to find themselves in that situation.
If a member of the public uses violence to respond to verbal abuse they would be charged with assault, why should the police be above the law?

Spot on that

But some of the arguments on here are that the police should react the same as we would, hence asking what we teach our children.
A Police Officer knows that they are going to face antagonism etc etc and that they are going to have to deal with it without the use of violence etc.They know the gig beforehand if they think they can't do that then they shouldn't take the job.
I'm a law abiding citizen,never broke the law etc and some Police are fine,however there are a few who are uniformed thugs IMO

Last edited:
At some time the cops have to draw a line and try to defend it.

And act contrary to the law in doing so? I doubt it.

And act contrary to the law in doing so? I doubt it.

Boc, you're not telling me that you've never acted "contrary to the law" like the rest of the angels on this forum.

The Police = Judge Dread.

Boc, you're not telling me that you've never acted "contrary to the law" like the rest of the angels on this forum.

I'm not telling you anything of the sort - but I do accept that I am subject to the rule of law and have to account for my actions and possibly pay for them. Policemen should be no different.

I'm not telling you anything of the sort - but I do accept that I am subject to the rule of law and have to account for my actions and possibly pay for them. Policemen should be no different.

You're right. As are the "demonstrators". They are also supposed to listen to and obey requests/demands from the police.

You're right. As are the "demonstrators". They are also supposed to listen to and obey requests/demands from the police.

And if they don't, they should be subject to the due process of law - not summary punishment from an out-of-control police officer.

And if they don't, they should be subject to the due process of law - not summary punishment from an out-of-control police officer.

Yeah.

The police should have drafted in another few thousand officers so that they could properly arrest all those necessary and hold them in newly built cells whilst they awaited trial through our saturated court system. Sadly whilst our system is one of the best in the world (as are our officers) the system itself cannot withstand the pressures that our law breaking society puts upon it.

A better option would have been to outlaw the demonstration and not allow any demonstrators to put visiting dignataries' lives in danger but then Britain would have been accused of being a police state or something. It's better to allow "demonstrators" to physically, mentally and psychologically abuse the cops.

Yeah.

The police should have drafted in another few thousand officers so that they could properly arrest all those necessary and hold them in newly built cells whilst they awaited trial through our saturated court system. Sadly whilst our system is one of the best in the world (as are our officers) the system itself cannot withstand the pressures that our law breaking society puts upon it.

A better option would have been to outlaw the demonstration and not allow any demonstrators to put visiting dignataries' lives in danger but then Britain would have been accused of being a police state or something. It's better to allow "demonstrators" to physically, mentally and psychologically abuse the cops.

Some people think football should be banned for similar reasons.

Why can't the police at demonstrations do what police at football do?Photograph at the time and arrest later?

I know. Not having football matches could prevent death and serious injuries.

Why can't the police at demonstrations do what police at football do?Photograph at the time and arrest later?

My argument for that would be the same as it is for speed cameras, if what I am doing is so dangerous (and I'm not saying it isn't) then what good is dealing with it in a week, I might already have killed someone by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669