Birch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
I am told that Mandaric has been trying to oust the Birch for some time. Perhaps mandaric believes the Birch is being paid too much for little return.

If MM wanted him out, he would have gone ages ago. When you own the show you hire and fire who you want to.
Somebody must be above him to prevent him from doing what he wants to do eh?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Just tweeted from our favourite radio personality:

@IanStringerBBC said:
Alan Birchenall MBE will have his near 40 year association with Leicester City ended it seems.BBC Radio Leicester, 104.9fm from 7am for more

Just listened to the 8:30 news. The only mention was of a campaign by fans to keep Birch at the club when he reaches retirement age.

Have I missed anything else since 7 a.m.?

Ike O'Noclassed

Just listened to the 8:30 news. The only mention was of a campaign by fans to keep Birch at the club when he reaches retirement age.

Not heard anything other than that wasps, apparently, often sting people in late summer.

homer

Nope - a load of old cobblers

Stringer asking Hoos in an interview about the decision to force him to retire when he reaches 65, and Hoos saying he couldn't possibly comment on that

Pure speculation that he is being given compulsory retirement, and some blather about a twatty facebook site set up to keep him

Another top day of investigative journalism down at Radio Leicester

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Just been a short feature about this on RL, giving fans' views. They seem to be connecting it with retirement age rather than anything else.

Real Sharapova

Birch would do it for free if they didn't pay him so I can't see this happening, especially as the club website issued a statement denying the rumours only a couple of weeks ago.

There is a fatal flaw in your argument if you think about it hard enough.:icon_wink

Ike O'Noclassed

Mockery reporting

However, the Mercury understands that City have concerns about setting a precedent by allowing him to stay on past the normal retirement age.

Those f**kwits not having picked up that compulsory retirement at 65 is being made illegal next year. Some precedent.

First own goal of the season unless they transfer Fryatt and offer DJ a contract extension pronto.

Last edited:

Matt_B

Why is everyone so bent out of shape? Someone on the bluearmy site is saying is he goes, then they do! He's 65, boring and embarrassing at half time. Get rid.

homer

Why is everyone so bent out of shape? Someone on the bluearmy site is saying is he goes, then they do! He's 65, boring and embarrassing at half time. Get rid.

I couldn't care less whether he stays or goes - but the reasons given are patently ridiculous in every way

If they think he's past his sell by date, then just feckin' say so and stop behaving like a bunch of utter lying wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669