Boston United - Wednesday 12th July - pre-season friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Hunt Smells said:
You could always go via Leicester. :icon_bigg

The Thames Estuary and the Wash have already made my journey 140 miles more than a crow would have to fly - I don't have much desire to lengthen it even further - Sorry!

bocadillo said:
The Thames Estuary and the Wash have already made my journey 140 miles more than a crow would have to fly - I don't have much desire to lengthen it even further - Sorry!

Feckpig. :icon_wink

Only kidding, no worries Boca!

Boston United official site said:
The likes of Alan Maybury, Matt Fryatt, Iain Hume and ex-Pilgrim Paddy McCarthy will be on show at the Staffsmart Stadium on Wednesday evening when Leicester City arrive in town.

The big-name quartet are included in Rob Kelly’s travelling first team, with the Foxes’ supremo set to give a run-out to all his senior players (kick-off 7.45pm) in United’s second pre-season friendly.

The Pilgrims will be at full-strength, with the exception of Simon Rusk and Brad Maylett, while trialists Ben Kirby, Daniel Parslow, Stuart Wall and Kyle Moran could again feature for United.

McCarthy spent a successful loan spell with the Pilgrims between December 2002 and February 2003 and he is expected to return to Boston for the first time since his departure back to Manchester City during United’s debut campaign in the Football League.

United manager Steve Evans was in buoyant mood after training on Tuesday and told bufc.co.uk: “It’s a match that we are all looking forward to, coming so soon after we entertained another Championship outfit on Saturday in the guise of Ipswich Town.

"In many respects, I believe this match will be harder, because Leicester have had extra time to prepare, but nonetheless we will be giving it our best shot.

“I’ve been chatting to Rob Kelly and he’s assured me that everyone will travel from his first team and that is great news, because it enables us to test ourselves against a very strong Championship team.”

The match will be officiated by Kevin Friend.

Should be a good game. Come on you foxes!!

Anyone wanting to miss all the traffic tonight and still make Boston in good time may want to consider the route I will be taking....

From Melton I take the B676 signposted Saxby.
On the B676 you go to the big roundabout on the A1 at Colsterworth, go straight over joining the A151. You could stay on the 151 through Bourne and Spalding joining the A16 to go into Boston. However I leave the 151 just before Corby Glen and then take the fen roads to Rippingdale then the B1177 and B1397 to Gosberton. Its 10 miles or so then into Boston

Still about an hour and a half and its quite twisty but you wont hit traffic fingers crossed.

For the future reference of people going to Boston, there's a good chippy just round the corner from the ground on the main road. Beware however of the signs which state you can sit inside to have your meal at take-away prices; it is true - but only if you don't want a plate!

bocadillo said:
For the future reference of people going to Boston, there's a good chippy just round the corner from the ground on the main road. Beware however of the signs which state you can sit inside to have your meal at take-away prices; it is true - but only if you don't want a plate!

Went there too, waited ages but the food was nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469