Post Match Bournemouth 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point from what was always going to be a tough game.

We weren't anywhere near as bad as some are making out although we did struggle after their goal up until half time.

Definitely not a great performance but I wouldn't go as far as saying awful. Boruc may not have had to do much but he did have as much, if not more, to do than Kasper who was untroubled bar their goal which was set up from a fortunate deflection.

Would have been good to see Mahrez on for longer but wouldn't be surprised if he had a bad dead leg after the whack from Gradel early on. Definitely shows we need another winger as back up as we can't rely on Dodoo though Schlupp was fantastic second half.

De Laet wasn't great but he was trying to keep 2 quiet a lot of the time with little support in front of him. Drinkwater was average but King was solid as usual and Kante impressed second half.

4 games in, still unbeaten and just got a hard fort point away. Not much to complain about imo.

We made one change today, bringing in Kante. This appears to have upset a few people.

Kante's stats today: Eleven out of 14 tackles successful, six interceptions, 10 ball recoveries and 80% pass success rate.

It's a post match thread, FFS, not a 'Let's reflect on the whole season and where we are so far' thread

Our season to date is all very lovely, thank you

That match was complete shite

It's a post match thread, FFS, not a 'Let's reflect on the whole season and where we are so far' thread

Our season to date is all very lovely, thank you

That match was complete shite
People are reacting to the completely over the top critique of the formation. It didn't work in the first half, so it was changed. Second half we more than matched them.

But then hindsight's wonderful, especially if people are chomping at the bit to criticise CR.

We nullified their threat, and matched their shots on target. Come the end of the season, I believe a point away at Bournemouth will be a decent result.

I thought Kante did well - in the second half. Personally I'd like to see us retain the 4-4-2 and maybe bring Kante in for Drinkwater. Benalouane in for De Laet.

Kanté was a rockstar in the 2nd half. In the first half he was a mess. Definitely has great potential, but looks like the kind of player who might have a shocker or two completely randomly.

8 points from 4 games is pretty good, anyone would have taken it at the start of the season. Anyone listen to 606? Liverpool fans are hilarious.

I haven't had the pleasure of listening for the scousers on 606 but on a related note; how can anyone still think Rodgers is a good manager?

I expect Chelsea fans are still staying they will win the league by 10 points. Either that or they're complaining about whatever diversionary hoax Mourinho has come up with this week.

Back to Leicester; the first half was complete shite. The second half wasn't. And much like West Ham away, it was more good management from Ranieri, in this case to change what wasn't working.

Nice gesture from Top today, giving everyone a £5 food & drink voucher to spend at the ground

I'm fine with Ranieri making mistakes as long as he learns from them. Can't get it right every time. To come away with a point after a failed experiment is a result.

I would imagine the knock Mahrez picked up in the first minute from Gradel's challenge impacted the way he played and the substitution

Can anyone explain why Kramaric was dropped entirely? Scored in his last 2 games as far as I know. What sort of message does this send out to the lad? Possibly the most natural goalscorer at the club.
I realise Dodoo scored a hatrick in midweek against league 1 opposition but does this really promote him over a £9m signing who has yet to be given a real chance?

Can anyone explain why Kramaric was dropped entirely? Scored in his last 2 games as far as I know. What sort of message does this send out to the lad? Possibly the most natural goalscorer at the club.
I realise Dodoo scored a hatrick in midweek against league 1 opposition but does this really promote him over a £9m signing who has yet to be given a real chance?

I thought it was significant that CR took him off early against Bury. I didn't see the game but it suggests he wasn't exactly delighted with his performance or his involvement was flagging. He has four goals in sixteen appearances but he just doesn't do enough to merit a place with his scoring record alone. He needs to be a one goal in two games player if he isn't doing the work that someone like a Vardy or Okazaki does.

I think we all think Kramaric is a talented player but he's not merited a starting place over a long period now for two different managers and in different formations. He's young enough (just about at 24) but he needs to up his impact if he wants to make it here.

I think a loan to the Championship this season is best for him. He's still got a lot to learn and he needs matches in England.

Calmed down a bit. A good point, two weeks off, Villa next.

Lose to that shitpile of a club and I will have a strop.

I thought it was significant that CR took him off early against Bury. I didn't see the game but it suggests he wasn't exactly delighted with his performance or his involvement was flagging. He has four goals in sixteen appearances but he just doesn't do enough to merit a place with his scoring record alone. He needs to be a one goal in two games player if he isn't doing the work that someone like a Vardy or Okazaki does.

I think we all think Kramaric is a talented player but he's not merited a starting place over a long period now for two different managers and in different formations. He's young enough (just about at 24) but he needs to up his impact if he wants to make it here.

I think a loan to the Championship this season is best for him. He's still got a lot to learn and he needs matches in England.
Surely we can't judge the lad on goals so far? He hasn't been given a run.

Send him out loan to the Championship and see what he can really do in an English league before we write him off

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sorry, just re read your last paragraph. In agreement.

I really want him to make it with us.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I haven't had the pleasure of listening for the scousers on 606 but on a related note; how can anyone still think Rodgers is a good manager?

Scousers? Every time I listen to Talksport all the "Liverpool" fans I ever hear sound as if they're either from Plymouth or the Home Counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566