Post Match Bournemouth 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said before the game i'd take a point. Can't grumble and whilst it's not our best performance of the season, I think a lot of the teams in the lower half of the table will struggle to pick up points at Bournemouth.

I think the inclusion of Dodoo sent exactly the right message to our academy players. Play well and you'll get your chance.

That said I'm a little concerned at the lack of opportunities for Ulloa and Kram. But I'm sure they'll be involved post international break and have the chance to show their worth.

An imaginative selection. If a player scores a hat trick on his first senior (taking account that it was a low key event) appearance he deserves a place in the squad for at least the next game. Right message- as you say to the Under 21's and a gee up to everyone.

I think Ulloa offers a different kind of option but not convinced that he is central to CR's plans. Kram is a bit lightweight and possibly doesn't contribute enough in general play.

An imaginative selection. If a player scores a hat trick on his first senior (taking account that it was a low key event) appearance he deserves a place in the squad for at least the next game. Right message- as you say to the Under 21's and a gee up to everyone.

I think Ulloa offers a different kind of option but not convinced that he is central to CR's plans. Kram is a bit lightweight and possibly doesn't contribute enough in general play.
Plus Dodoo is a wide man similar to Mahrez etc rather than a striker.

CR did say that his sports science team had declared Inler match fit for 90 mins. Maybe Ulloa and Krameric are slacking a bit in training?

Thought Kasper could have done better for their goal, also, why did he punch the free kick that was heading for his midriff?
Where's the Kasper gone that finished last season, because he hasn't shown up yet!

A few on here fort our performance was "pants^
A fan here quite literally agrees by the looks of him.View attachment 12112
Right in front of me - not a pretty sight. As for the match, Mahrez was totally out of it once Gradel had walloped him, leaving De Laet ( who wasn't great, I'll agree ) pretty exposed, just like the chap in the picture.

De Laet is an enigma of a player. I have often criticised him and yet I also have a lot of time for him.

He is clearly not an effective Premier League right back. He goes dopey too often, fails to track his runner (as on Saturday) and his positioning is sloppy when he either gets caught too far up field or too narrow. He isn't physically strong either so it is an obvious area for opposition teams to target and they certainly have been.

However, I like his attitude and team ethic. I like his forward runs. I respect his commitment to the cause despite often being totally isolated with no cover from his midfield.

Ultimately, I think he's a better central defender than right back. In a three rather than a two. Right side of a three and his strengths come for the fore whilst his weaknesses are hidden. He came into a few games towards the end of last season there and looked a revelation.

If we play a back four, he shouldn't be in it. A back three and I'm quite confident with him.

To expand on this point further. I think Schmeichel plays better with a three in central defence. Ditto, Huth and Schlupp.

De Laet is an enigma of a player. I have often criticised him and yet I also have a lot of time for him.

He is clearly not an effective Premier League right back. He goes dopey too often, fails to track his runner (as on Saturday) and his positioning is sloppy when he either gets caught too far up field or too narrow. He isn't physically strong either so it is an obvious area for opposition teams to target and they certainly have been.

However, I like his attitude and team ethic. I like his forward runs. I respect his commitment to the cause despite often being totally isolated with no cover from his midfield.

Ultimately, I think he's a better central defender than right back. In a three rather than a two. Right side of a three and his strengths come for the fore whilst his weaknesses are hidden. He came into a few games towards the end of last season there and looked a revelation.

If we play a back four, he shouldn't be in it. A back three and I'm quite confident with him.

To expand on this point further. I think Schmeichel plays better with a three in central defence. Ditto, Huth and Schlupp.

I do agree that perhaps he gets more criticism than is warranted but what I see that really frustrates me is thy when a player beats him on the outside he never turns and tries to get back to get a tackle in.

Very often you see him ambling back towards the near post and invariably he fails to cut out either the player or the cross.

He looks too casual for my nerves.

He does look good going forward with the ball at his feet though.

I do agree that perhaps he gets more criticism than is warranted but what I see that really frustrates me is thy when a player beats him on the outside he never turns and tries to get back to get a tackle in.

Very often you see him ambling back towards the near post and invariably he fails to cut out either the player or the cross.

That could be the way the team is coached to play, rather than de Laet's failing. Someone goes round him, then the centre-half comes out while de Laet fills in as centre-half.

That could be the way the team is coached to play, rather than de Laet's failing. Someone goes round him, then the centre-half comes out while de Laet fills in as centre-half.

Maybe, just looks really shoddy. It is an extreme example but if you haven't already, have a look at his general play leading up to the overhead kick on Saturday.

Does this reinforce your opinion? Or perhaps something else should have happened that didn't?

It was awful, awful, it could have killed him, killed him.
That's just plain bollocks, bollocks. Is he a Bournemouth fan, Bournemouth fan?

What a crock of shit, killed him ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570