Bradley Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yorkshire post seems to suggest that a few League one clubs are after him...he can't exactly be setting the world a light then.

Would we be after any player setting the world a light then?

For a moment there i had a weird thought that we are a shit relegation fighting fizzy league team.

He maybe talking to a few clubs and then will decide his future over the weekend,don't blame him:102:

The Yorkshire post seems to suggest that a few League one clubs are after him

No it doesn't.

Leeds United are in talks to sign Bradley Johnson after Northampton Town accepted their bid for the winger.
The Elland Road club have made their move for the talented 20-year-old with an offer which is understood to be in the region of £250,000.

Johnson, who is not expected to feature in tomorrow's clash with Leeds at Elland Road regardless of the outcome of contract negotiations today, has attracted the attention of several other clubs and is already believed to have turned down a switch to Colchester United.

Johnson signed a new two-year deal at Sixfields last season and is under contract until 2009, but the surge of interest in his signature had made his departure from Northampton highly likely during the January transfer window.

The ex-Cambridge player has scored five times this season and played in all but one of the Cobblers' matches, and United were hoping to push the transfer closer to competition during talks this afternoon.

Last edited:
Didnt they accept our bid and he held talks with us too?? Doesnt mean hes going there... agree with Highland Fox.. he would be daft not to listen to all offers. All clubs offer different aspects other than money to consider.

I would hope we'd be able to attact players would are making a real name for themselves in the lower leagues, so yes. Where it seems the Northampton fans don't rate this guy that highly.

Id heard there were a few CCC clubs after him.... maybe the fans dont rate him as they are resigned to losing him? Bit of sour grapes? Just a thought

i think we should be more concerned about getting Kavanagh, Commons, Martin, Norris and a goalkeeper (any of) in than this Johnson. He sounds like a prospect, but we've got so much more to worry about before we worry about prospects. Some players to put their foot on the ball and link our half decent defence with whatever turns out to be our attack is the top priority.
some players in today would be a boost.

The only possible similarity that this player sounds like he has with Josh Low is Northampton Town!!
Apart from the fact that I read many singing Low's praises before he joined us - including some of those who know NTFC and are now posting similar things about Johnson.

Which is why I don't believe it. I could be wrong, it happens on rare occaisions, but I still reckon we have to stump up for proven ability and not potential.

Apart from the fact that I read many singing Low's praises before he joined us - including some of those who know NTFC and are now posting similar things about Johnson.

Which is why I don't believe it. I could be wrong, it happens on rare occaisions, but I still reckon we have to stump up for proven ability and not potential.

Anyone who saw Josh Low at Northampton and thought he was anywhere near good enough for us knows f**k all about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669