Breaking News - Bob Woolmer found unconscious

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Former Kent and England batsman Bob Woolmer is reported to have been found unconscious in his hotel room in Kingston Jamaica and has been taken to hospital. Bob is now coach of Pakistan who were knocked out of the World Cup yesterday.

Former Kent and England batsman Bob Woolmer is reported to have been found unconscious in his hotel room in Kingston Jamaica and has been taken to hospital. Bob is now coach of Pakistan who were knocked out of the World Cup yesterday.
i hope someone has taken yesterdays defeat to ireland that seriously....

Reuters are claiming he is dead. :icon_conf :icon_conf

After the defeat yesterday, Woolmer said, ""I would like to sleep on my future as a coach. It's what I do best, what I try to do best. Therefore I'm not going to throw away coaching just like that.

"However, internationally I will give it some thought. Travelling and being involved non-stop in hotels and so on takes its toll."

Sadly it looks as though he might have been right.

The world cup has been shocking so far with the England players and now this!!!

I read on sky sports that there were signs of vomiting in his room, let's hope our imaginations are running away with themselve... but the timing is rather conincidental!!!!

From BBC.

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died after being discovered in his Jamaica hotel room on Sunday morning.

The 58-year-old former South Africa coach, who played for England between 1975-81, was found unconscious at the Pegasus Hotel at 1045 local time.
He was taken to the emergency ward of the nearby University hospital but did not regain consciousness.
Pakistan were eliminated from the World Cup on Saturday after losing by three wickets to minnows Ireland.
Pakistan team manager Pervez Mir confirmed: "Bob Woolmer has passed away and it is very shocking news to all of the team and the team mamangement."
Pakistan's preparations for the World Cup had been far from ideal.
Following the infamous forfeited Test against England at The Oval last summer, two of their leading fast bowlers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif, were suspended after failing doping tests.
The pair later saw those bans rescinded but missed the World Cup because of injury, something Woolmer admitted had hindered the team. "There are a number of extenuating circumstances in the last six months that have made coaching Pakistan slightly different to normal sides," he said after the defeat by Ireland.

I just saw this this thread title in the new posts section and my immediate reaction was "feck me, he's got better".

I thougt it was a new thread

I just saw this this thread title in the new posts section and my immediate reaction was "feck me, he's got better".

I thougt it was a new thread

Just like I said

It's feckin' not-rights week.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573