Bring Home The Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
0,,10274~5336363,00.jpg

HEAD TO HEAD

The two clubs have met just 5 times before, but only three times in the league. City have won 4 and drawn 1 game in the series to date, including a pair of victories in the two home games. Despite the small number of previous clashes, we have actually faced the Iron at four different venues.

EARLY MEETINGS

The initial encounters came in the two legs of a League Cup clash in the 1987-88 season. City won the first leg, at Filbert Street, by 2-1 thanks to strikes from Gary McAllister and Mike Newell. The return leg was staged at the Iron's former home of the Old Showground, shortly before the move to Glanford Park, and City repeated the dose, again winning 2-1 with Paul Reid and Jari Rantanen on target.

RECENT HISTORY

The Iron were last at the Walkers Stadium in March 2008, when the Foxes won the game thanks to a sole strike from on loan Lee Hendrie. Earlier this season, City won 2-1 at Glanford Park in November, courtesy of goals from Lloyd Dyer and Andy King.

SEQUENCES

The Foxes remain unbeaten in all five previous meetings.:038::038:

MARKSMEN

To date, no player has scored more than one goal in the series, with all 10 strikes being shared equally amongst 7 Foxes and 3 men from United.

DEBUTANTS

Just one player has made his City bow against the Iron. That was loanee David Bell in the fixture at the Walkers Stadium lasdt March.

FOOT IN BOTH CAMPS

Just a handful of players have represented both clubs over the years. The list includes Ian Baraclough, Jack Bowers, John Buckley, Matt Elliott, Paul Groves, Stewart Hamill, Terry Heath, Jack Hobbs, Geoff Horsfield, Marc North, Malcolm Partridge, Nicky Platnauer and Kevin Pressman. In addition, former City players, Frank Soo and Allan Clarke were both past managers of Scunthorpe.

Planning on using my old man's senior citizen season ticket for the match. Does anyone know if they will let me in with it or will i have to pay an extra fee?

You should go to the ticket office and pay the extra amount. If the turnstile guy notes the yellow stripe on the edge of the voucher and notices that you are under 60, he should turn you away.

You should go to the ticket office and pay the extra amount. If the turnstile guy notes the yellow stripe on the edge of the voucher and notices that you are under 60, he should turn you away.

Or he could try it and then if the turnstile guy turns him away, then he could go and pay the extra fee.

Or he could try it and then if the turnstile guy turns him away, then he could go and pay the extra fee.

He could. But if the turnstile guy calls up the stewards and he has the season ticket confiscated on the grounds that he was trying to use it fraudulently , he might not get to see the game at all.

I am sure that flashy has no wish to steal a couple of quid off the club, so I'm surprised that anybody would feel that he should 'try it'.

Thanks for the advice guys. Think i'll go to the ticket office and pay the extra!

Would the ticket office definitely let him do that?

They will. But they probably shouldn't because season tickets are supposed to be non-transferable.

Hmm. We've upgraded from an U8 season ticket to an adult loads of times this season with no problems. Never even struck me that there would be.

Last edited:
Hmm. We've upgraded from an U8 season ticket to an adult loads of times this season with no problems. Never even struck me that there would be.

I've checked the terms and conditions under which season tickets are issued, held and used. It is clear that season tickets are transferable but only with prior notification to the ticket office. This applies even if no upgrade is required.

One thing that people who lend/transfer need to bear in mind is that if the person who uses the ticket behaves, the season ticket may be withdrawn without compensation.

And I also saw another thing there that surprised me. I was aware that L1 and N ticket holders could be moved elsewhere when the away team takes their full 15% for a cup game, but I had no idea that the club reserves the right to clear out the whole of the North Stand to give to away fans in league games.

I've checked the terms and conditions under which season tickets are issued, held and used. It is clear that season tickets are transferable but only with prior notification to the ticket office. This applies even if no upgrade is required.

One thing that people who lend/transfer need to bear in mind is that if the person who uses the ticket behaves, the season ticket may be withdrawn without compensation.

And I also saw another thing there that surprised me. I was aware that L1 and N ticket holders could be moved elsewhere when the away team takes their full 15% for a cup game, but I had no idea that the club reserves the right to clear out the whole of the North Stand to give to away fans in league games.

I assume you mean mis-behaves, otherwise that is a stupid rule :icon_wink

Thanks for the info boc (again!). Wow, I suppose that'd only happen in play-off circumstances? I'll keep that in mind for the end of next season then...

Only hospitality and Executive Boxes left now from OS

It's A Sell Out!
Posted on: Fri 24 Apr 2009
Leicester City this evening (Thursday) confirmed that they had sold out of tickets in all public areas of the stadium for the League One clash against Scunthorpe United.

However, limited Corporate Hospitality Great Hall tickets remain on general sale - priced at £35 per person.

Two executive boxes are also still available, priced as follows:

1 x 12 seater Executive Box including dining @ £850 (+VAT)
1 x 16 seater Executive Box including dining @ £1,200 (+VAT)

Not sure I would pay £35 to watch it on a TV screen or can you actually move so you can see the action on the pitch

you get one of the padded seats in the West Stand, must be doing a deal for tonights game as it is usually £55 plus vat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669