Post Match Burnley 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really wasn't.

You could be right. It probably felt a lot worse than it was because I was shitting my pants watching it. I think they had the better chances and it felt like they had much more possession but I think that was just the way we set up. It was about keeping shape and not allowing space., I suppose.

Morgan had his best game of the season today. Did things simple.

I wander what some people want sometimes. It was a well executed away smash and grab. Getting a point was priority hence the set up. Snatching a winner was a bonus.

I agree that that's the way we set up but I don't think it was right. We are better than them and could have beat them more comfortably with a more positive approach. But setting up for 'a smash and grab' doesn't mean giving the ball away as poorly as we did at times. I imagine that was nerves but I don't blame the players for that. I felt bad enough a couple of hundred miles away.

Sorry BN, but... To be fair, we've only got 12 points so far...

I will be delighted to take all the ridicule coming my way for my predictions from a few weeks ago. I certainly didn't see these results coming and I can assure you that I've been delightedly dancing round the room this afternoon.

However, we've still got plenty to do. It's looking bleak for Burnley and QPR but one of the rest of us are still going to finish 18th.

599e9378e9bde7f0a2e9d2a4260028ff.jpg

Fantastic Result - the only necessity now is to get more points than any of the three teams below us - we don't need any favours or slip ups from other teams above us.
Considering the way the majority of our season has gone, it shows have we have fought back in to a great position. Its looking like as Homer predicted it's "the stuff of legends"

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but first time we have won 4 in a row in the top flight since 1966. Unbelievable run. As well as moving into 17th now only a point behind villa, and even just 4 behind Newcastle.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but first time we have won 4 in a row in the top flight since 1966. Unbelievable run. As well as moving into 17th now only a point behind villa, and even just 4 behind Newcastle.

We could be up to 16th before our next game.

And if we make it six wins in a row and we'll be seven points clear by the time the bottom three play again.

I will be delighted to take all the ridicule coming my way for my predictions from a few weeks ago. I certainly didn't see these results coming and I can assure you that I've been delightedly dancing round the room this afternoon.

I don't think anyone was predicting this 4 game winning streak.

However, we've still got plenty to do. It's looking bleak for Burnley and QPR but one of the rest of us are still going to finish 18th.

Indeed. I'm almost more nervous now. We had nothing to play for a few weeks ago, as it looked like it would be an 'unlucky' season. Now it's completely in our hands, which means we're bound to screw it up...

Just amazing...... Really really fantastic turn around.

Just wish Hull hadn't taken points ...but hey ho...

I feel exhausted. I must admit I couldn't watch the second half. I did the ironing instead. Absolutely fantastic battling win. A proper championship win.

Now that's what I call brave. I fear my trousers may have ended up with brown marks had I done that...... from burn marks, as I ironed them, of course. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669