Post Match Burnley 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just amazing...... Really really fantastic turn around.

Just wish Hull hadn't taken points ...but hey ho...
Villa thought they were almost safe a couple of weeks ago. Now they are 2 points out of the bottom 3, currently losing 1-0 to Man City at half time.
Score stays like that they'd have played a game more than the 3clubs below them.
Hull's win could actually work in our favour :)

I hope it doesn't come down to goal difference, but what an advantage we have against the current bottom three.

I still think Newcastle will go down. I've got a few quid on them at 50-1 so here's hoping!

I don't see how that could possibly be the case?

But anyway, other teams around us will pick up points - we just need to pick up more.

I made the same mistake in my thread (No 52) actually we don't need more points that the bottom three, if we only match or equal the points of the three teams below from now on - we will of course, still be safe

Glad Villa lost tonight, keeps them in the relegation mix with us and the others too. The more clubs involved the better.

You could be right. It probably felt a lot worse than it was because I was shitting my pants watching it. I think they had the better chances and it felt like they had much more possession but I think that was just the way we set up. It was about keeping shape and not allowing space., I suppose.

I was not at the match so cannot comment on the performance. What LeeCovFox has described in terms of possession was something we did very well last year. When we went ahead we were willing to allow other teams possession in areas where there was no danger.

Last year I believe we were better than a number of mid-table sides in the Premier League. Like Brown Nose I did not see this turn around coming. Unlike him I wanted to keep Nigel for the Championship next year. That may still happen. However, although the recent form has been a surprise perhaps the poor form from November to March is an equal surprise. Burnley and QPR looked like sides that would struggle with promotion; last season we looked like a side that would be safe.

It would be interesting to know why Albrighton is now in the side. Presumably Steve Walsh rated him enough to recommend him. Early in the season Nigel seemed to prefer Mahrez. Have Shakespeare and Walsh argued on Albrighton's behalf or have Albrighton's performances convinced Nigel. Mahrez seems to me to be a more naturally gifted player but it might be that Albrighton is a better fit for the team.

One last point. The questions for both Nigel and Sean Dyche on the BBC website are much better than the usual end of match interview.

I wander what some people want sometimes. It was a well executed away smash and grab. Getting a point was priority hence the set up. Snatching a winner was a bonus.

I hadn't thought about going for a stroll to ponder why people see things the way they do but that's a good tip. :icon_wink

50/50 possession at half-time, stats skewed by us sitting deeper after the goal - we came with a game plan, it wasn't pretty or what I'd have wanted to pay to see, but it worked and leaves me wondering what the **** people want too.

But sod it, it's time to get the #stayingupwithPearson party started...

MM.jpg

I hadn't thought about going for a stroll to ponder why people see things the way they do but that's a good tip. :icon_wink

50/50 possession at half-time, stats skewed by us sitting deeper after the goal - we came with a game plan, it wasn't pretty or what I'd have wanted to pay to see, but it worked and leaves me wondering what the **** people want too.

But sod it, it's time to get the #stayingupwithPearson party started...

MM.jpg

wrong flavour

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but first time we have won 4 in a row in the top flight since 1966.

Yup - it's been mentioned

...and refuted.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but first time we have won 4 in a row in the top flight since 1966. Unbelievable run. As well as moving into 17th now only a point behind villa, and even just 4 behind Newcastle.
Not quite true, is it? Didn't someone in here mention that we did it over two seasons (the last two and the first two games of adjacent seasons) in the 90s under MON? But you may be right if we only count within one single season.

I think and type slowly. It's due to celebrations.

It wasn't a great performance today but it was a thing I have seen very little of this season, finding a way to grind out a result and it was one hell of a result.

Winning 4 on the spin in the Premier League is no mean feat at any point in the season, but given the pressure we were under and the situation we had got ourselves into, this run is nothing short of phenomenal.

Full credit to Nigel, the boys and everyone involved. Bring on Wednesday and let's spoil the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669