Post Match Burnley 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned above, I think now that Huth has found match fitness over the last month and Schmeichel has returned it has made a huge difference to the solidity of the team.

Schmeichel has made some absolutely superb saves in the last few games.

Has anyone mentioned the dreaded manager of the month gong?

As mentioned above, I think now that Huth has found match fitness over the last month and Schmeichel has returned it has made a huge difference to the solidity of the team.

Schmeichel has made some absolutely superb saves in the last few games.

Has anyone mentioned the dreaded manager of the month gong?
Tbh who else could get it?

PS Just realised Arsenal winning loads too, if they beat Chelsea, with their Cup feats as well, Winger might be in with a chance too

Last edited:
I don't see how that could possibly be the case?

But anyway, other teams around us will pick up points - we just need to pick up more.

Here's my thinking: -

Before the games yesterday, Sunderland would have been happy with a point, they'd hope we'd draw, or even lose to Burnley, and Palace beat Hull.
With a target of 35 points, Sunderland would aim to get 3 off us then maybe scramble a draw or two elsewhere.

Look at their run in, Southampton, Everton, us, then Arsenal and Chelsea, both away.
Makes good reading for us Leicester fans :)

I'd be surprised if Pearson doesn't win it regardless of Arsenal. We've had a remarkable turnaround this month and haven't got the same quality, funds, etc of clubs like Arsenal. Nobody deserves it more.

We ain't safe yet not by a long shot. Rest players for Chelsea and we go again against Newcastle

What manner of crazy talk is this? "Rest players for Chelsea"?!?! We should be going all out to ****ing beat them.

I still dont like Alan Shearer, the cheating kicking feck

His own mother doesn't like him, even she knows how much of a **** he is

The game turned out pretty much as hoped/expected:023: and we ground out an important, gutsy win. The way we ended up doing it was clearly reminiscent of that play-off match against watford.
Many sources still classifying the goal as a Doyle OG. Was still wearing the old fox leisure sweatshirt for the match and the Fox bed linen still on my daughters`bed and drinking Everards!

Went to the match yesterday, and never thought we would do anything but win ! Burnley could still be playing now and they wouldn't score, they've just forgotten how to do it.
What a player Cambiasso is, but he was the only player on the posts when they had corners - when he retires keep him on the coaching staff as he's already running the team from the pitch !
De Laet and Konchesky were our weak link, but good to see Albirghton having a decent run - he put in a superb ball for the goal.
We're not out of it yet but we've given ourselves the best chance of all the bottom teams.
As for resting players, no way !

Went to the match yesterday, and never thought we would do anything but win ! Burnley could still be playing now and they wouldn't score, they've just forgotten how to do it.
What a player Cambiasso is, but he was the only player on the posts when they had corners - when he retires keep him on the coaching staff as he's already running the team from the pitch !
De Laet and Konchesky were our weak link, but good to see Albirghton having a decent run - he put in a superb ball for the goal.
We're not out of it yet but we've given ourselves the best chance of all the bottom teams.
As for resting players, no way !
Welcome fylde!

I wasn't at the game so bow to your intimate knowledge. However, it seemed to me from watching the highlights that but for Kaspar and a Leo header they could have scored perhaps four. I think they are going through what we did many times earlier in the season. Call it bad luck but on another day......

I souldn't make the game as I was seeing a band in Cambridge on Saturday night. A Burnley supporting mate of mine sent me some audio he recorded at the match of the Leicester fans singing. Sounds like the away section was rocking!

I assume that your local team is Fylde, they were one of my favourite teams in my Prediction League selections this season so I usually look for their result even if, as in this weekend, I hadn't picked them. There were a few goals in their game I see..
The nearest is actually Blackppol but I'd rather not think about that ! AFC Fylde are a club on the way up thats for sure

I wasn't at the game so bow to your intimate knowledge. However, it seemed to me from watching the highlights that but for Kaspar and a Leo header they could have scored perhaps four. I think they are going through what we did many times earlier in the season. Call it bad luck but on another day......
Football's full of "but fors", and that was a great save, and he was also behind the one that Leo put over the top. I just had the feeling they were never going to score . . . . . look at their recent record; they're going through a rough time and think they've gone with so many away games to come. Shame cos I like the Club and the Sean Dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566