Post Match Burnley 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the shit right up to our frickin necks, a team bereft of confidence, ideas, cohesion and togetherness, clearly there are massive issues behind the scenes. January offered an opportunity to freshen up the squad bring in a few and ship out some of the bad eggs.....That hasn't happened so now we are left with a demotivated group of players lacking the desire to pull together to turn this sorry mess around, they have no loyalty or fight for the manager so the club really have one last roll of the dice and that will be to replace the manager and try to bring someone in to galvanise this group.

I honestly believe Ranieri will pay the price of such a poor transfer window come the end of February.

Same here. But he's never going to drop them, it's February tomorrow and there's no sign that he's had enough of them.

The squad is pretty thin so I'm not sure he has much choice. And if the first teamers are steaming arseholes the chances are that their poor attitudes stretch further than just the starting eleven anyway. Ranieri is handling our situationwith more dignity than the players deserve. **** knows the temptation to have a pop in a post- match interview must be there.

I'd still rather see us hold on to Ranieri, even if it means relegation. We'd be back eventually (it's what we do) and I think he has earned the right to go on his own terms. My reservation is that we'd find it very difficult to sell on this overpaid lot so we'd have to put up with their stench whilst watching a poorer level of football.

I'd love to see Ranieri keep us up and sell the bastards on, even if it means struggling again next season. I'd trust him to rebuild. His career record is excellent. The not-being-able-to-sell problem would remain though and, unfortunately, I get the impression that the players are influential with the owners. Mind you, they did apparently ask Ranieri if he'd stay on in the event of relegation when they interviwed him, so who knows.

This whole situation is a massive shame. The one thing I'm sure of is that I want a lot of the players who won our only league title out of the club. I feel genuine disgust towards them. It's scarcely believable that it has come to this.

I think the actual Vardy is tied to a chair in Chappie Chapman's basement.

I'm gutted, because I think you're right. I don't wamt him to go and I'm far angrier at the players than I am Ranieri because it seems to me that they couldn't give a ****. Earlier in the season I thought they'd lost a bit of edge mentally as a result of last season. I was okay with that as it seemed understandable to me.

There's no running or pressing. No movement off the ball. Just aimless hoofing. I can't believe that Ranieri is asking them to do that. Last season he never stopped being proud of our endless running. He loved it. No. It's not him. This shower just can't be arsed any longer.

Vardy is more concerned with whoring himself to glossy rags. Simpson with his glitzy whole hotel floor parties in Manchester. Schmeichel appears to have an ego the size of the KP. Drinkwater can't stop walking about with a face like a slapped arse.

I've turned on managers before. But never on a whole team, as far as I can remember. Until now, that is. The lot of them ought to be ****ing ashamed of themselves. They deserve Championship football. They will always be heroes for what they achieved last season but I won't forget this season's capitulation either.

Claudio deserves a statue outside the stadium far more than any of those on the pitch. I'm furious. Not because we're shit. We're all well used to that. But the manner of it.......they can **** right off.

Agree with most of this. I just hope those ****s realise that as soon as this season ends & the new champions are crowned that'll be the end of it. They'll all be yesterday's news. Vardy will go down the leagues through his 30s & probably retire back at Fleetwood where they'll name a stand after him. Simpson will go the same route but quicker.

I think they do realise it & are milking it for all it's worth before the bubble bursts. **** being part of the rise of a club...just bank the unexpected bounty & move on. That's the modern sportsman for you. Whatever...we'll be back to being the old LCFC come May whether we go down or not. Chance of a lifetime missed. Mahrez & Kasper will be first out the door followed by Slimani probably. Then Danny D. Mahrez gives every impression of having packed his bags already. As much as I hate to say it, with hindsight we probably should have sold him in the Summer & spent the 50 million on 2 centre halves & a right back.

Agree with most of this. I just hope those ****s realise that as soon as this season ends & the new champions are crowned that'll be the end of it. They'll all be yesterday's news. Vardy will go down the leagues through his 30s & probably retire back at Fleetwood where they'll name a stand after him. Simpson will go the same route but quicker.

I think they do realise it & are milking it for all it's worth before the bubble bursts. **** being part of the rise of a club...just bank the unexpected bounty & move on. That's the modern sportsman for you. Whatever...we'll be back to being the old LCFC come May whether we go down or not. Chance of a lifetime missed. Mahrez & Kasper will be first out the door followed by Slimani probably. Then Danny D. Mahrez gives every impression of having packed his bags already. As much as I hate to say it, with hindsight we probably should have sold him in the Summer & spent the 50 million on 2 centre halves & a right back.
Exactly right

One thing that really stood out tonight I thought (on top of everything else that's already been mentioned)... Burnley looked sharper and fitter than us. By a mile. Actually, most teams have.

When Ranieri came in last year, he didn't change the training or fitness programmes (from what we were told anyway) and the one thing Pearson's setup did very, very well was keeping the players extremely fit. Has Ranieri introduced his own systems now? There's a hugely noticeable difference in our sharpness and finess levels.

Not defending the players or looking for excuses and reasons at all by the way. Just something that's really noticeable.

The squad is pretty thin so I'm not sure he has much choice. And if the first teamers are steaming arseholes the chances are that their poor attitudes stretch further than just the starting eleven anyway. Ranieri is handling our situationwith more dignity than the players deserve. **** knows the temptation to have a pop in a post- match interview must be there.

I'd still rather see us hold on to Ranieri, even if it means relegation. We'd be back eventually (it's what we do) and I think he has earned the right to go on his own terms. My reservation is that we'd find it very difficult to sell on this overpaid lot so we'd have to put up with their stench whilst watching a poorer level of football.

I'd love to see Ranieri keep us up and sell the bastards on, even if it means struggling again next season. I'd trust him to rebuild. His career record is excellent. The not-being-able-to-sell problem would remain though and, unfortunately, I get the impression that the players are influential with the owners. Mind you, they did apparently ask Ranieri if he'd stay on in the event of relegation when they interviwed him, so who knows.

This whole situation is a massive shame. The one thing I'm sure of is that I want a lot of the players who won our only league title out of the club. I feel genuine disgust towards them. It's scarcely believable that it has come to this.
You talk sense. I am so pissed off. I would have been delighted with abjectness this season but somehow we have replaced champions with championship performances.

I am royally ****ed off.

Incorrect, relegation is black and white.

You were blaming the ref for this defeat, its absurd that you can't just allow yourself to see what is going on here, the players possibly have the same attitude.

I have not seen you acknowledge once that we are in deep shit, I don't think I've even seen you condemn our abject performances.

See no evil
The ref allowed an invalid goal which led to the defeat. It's simple. I didn't say we were good, though we were better than a lot of the games this year.

It's possible to be blinkered both ways as well, you're so blinkered as to be unable to see any positive at all.

Tinkerman has tinkered again musa is a flop but gets on the bench, gray is a flop but starts shinji and vardy did well against derby end result more tinkering !

Lost for words here lets hope the players get together and tell CR to **** off and go balls out
We dont know wether we are coming or going because of that twats constant changing

It's his lack of tinkering that has us in the shit. Shinji and Vardy did well against Derby?

One thing that really stood out tonight I thought (on top of everything else that's already been mentioned)... Burnley looked sharper and fitter than us. By a mile. Actually, most teams have.

When Ranieri came in last year, he didn't change the training or fitness programmes (from what we were told anyway) and the one thing Pearson's setup did very, very well was keeping the players extremely fit. Has Ranieri introduced his own systems now? There's a hugely noticeable difference in our sharpness and finess levels.

Not defending the players or looking for excuses and reasons at all by the way. Just something that's really noticeable.

Walsh again?

I remember a quiz thing that (I think) Soccer AM did with three of our players close to the start of the season. Simpson, Albrighton and Fuchs I think.

They were told that our odds to be relegated were shorter than winning the title again and they genuinely looked bewildered. It was then that I realised that the players believed their own hype. Not surprising I guess, but it was the job of the manager and coaches to knock that out of them in pre-season and get their heads right. It patently didn't happen.

The focus on the Champions League worried me right from the start. It stank of complacency and over-inflated egos. The exact opposite of what got us success.

So many people are responsible for this mighty feck up. I know I'm often wrong but I did see this coming as early as September. We just looked all wrong. We needed to react back then and we didn't. We just dozed onwards and downwards.

This season will probably result in as many books as last season. It will be an example for all to be wary of in future. Ever since May, we've done absolutely everything wrong. Every hero has turned to zero.

A Norwegian pundit had spoken with one of the fitness coaches. He was told that last season they managed to find the perfect balance for each individual player, while they this year struggle much more. They haven't changed anything, but the toll of being in the CL has clearly influenced what load they can put on each player and that has been a real struggle for the fitness team.

I suspect it isn't to do with fitness levels & more to do with not being bothered.

A Norwegian pundit had spoken with one of the fitness coaches. He was told that last season they managed to find the perfect balance for each individual player, while they this year struggle much more. They haven't changed anything, but the toll of being in the CL has clearly influenced what load they can put on each player and that has been a real struggle for the fitness team.

That doesn't explain why they looked unfit at the start of the season before we'd played a CL match. So pre-season wasn't right. At least we won't be invited to play in the Champions cup thing this year and can go back to playing Lincoln and Mansfield.

I didn't say we were good, though we were better than a lot of the games this year.

It's possible to be blinkered both ways as well, you're so blinkered as to be unable to see any positive at all.

One of your favourite sayings, better than a lot of other games, not exactly difficult is it.

What are the positives and what tangible effect are they having on the results and our position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566